Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Approach for developing FPM applications

prathamesh_gandhi
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am confuse, over the right approach for developing FPM applications.

I searched on google, and in most of example it is shown as you need to first develope webdynpro component. And then you can put in FPM under freestyle component. But I developed one component directly into FPM using FORM & LIST UIBB's.

what are merits and demerits of directly developed FPM component over WD component into FPM ?

so can anyone help me on this.

Thanks In Advance.

P$G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathamesh

I think SAP recommends that you integrate your FPM application to a Webdynpro application ..

But I might be wrong ..You can also have a look at these tutorials ..

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/eLearning+Tutorials+-+Floorplan+Manager+for+Web+Dynpro+A...

They provide a lot of examples for each of the FPM component name s

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gandhi,

Both the approaches are correct. It depends on the requirement.

case i: In free style uibb, layout design and coding part to be done in webdynpro component itself. Just it required to add this component as a freestyle uibb in FPM application. Here you can choose the designs like Tab-strips or road-maps.

case ii: For FORM or LIST Uibb's, its required to create the feeder class and you can design the application by creating the configuration with respect to UIBB. Here you need to choose relevant component for FORM/LIST/SEARCH UIBB.

Its required to create an application for GAF/OVP etc. component and create an application configuration for the same.Which contains number of component configurations.

In case(ii), you can reuse the feeder classes and you can design your application using all UIBB's which can represented in a single page.Which as the option is not available for freestyle uibb's.

Hope it will help full to you.

Regards,

Naga