cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate PLM WebUI business functions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP ECC6 EhP7 and PLM Web UI 3.

The EA- PLM business function node is already active. I tried to activate the PLM UI nodes such as /PLMU/Web_UI_3 by using SFW5, since the activation was off but got the message saying activation is not needed. These nodes have no error.

When I am checking the dependent business functions, it is showing that

/PLMU/Web_UI_3 is dependent on /PLMU/Web_UI_2 , which depends on /PLMU/Web_UI. The /PLMU/Web_UI needs /PLMU/IPPE_INT and ERP_ENTERPRISESEARCH.     

All these Business functions are inactive. I generated them in business explorer by using SFW1 but even after getting the generated message, nothing gets changed.

I am able to get the PLM WEBUI roles as well as able to launch the NWBC to get the WEBUI. Only missing part is, I didn't get the PLM and PLMWEBUI node in the SPRO. All the customizing nodes are still showing the classic erp nodes.

Is there any way to activate these business functions and get the PLM nodes in customizing?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

I just activated all switches directly in transaction SFW5.  I all required switches are active, you will see the customizing nodes in the IMG.

kind regards,

Jurgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen and Niketan.

The basis team was able to activate the business functions. Now I am able to see the PLM and PLM Web UI node in customizing.

However the TREX functionality is still not activated.  It seems there is an option to configure TREX locally. We may try that option.

We want to use mainly the ECM, document management, status and version management. custom workflows and reporting etc. Plan to use as much as standard functionality available in PLM web UI. We don't need the functionality like CAD interface, recipe development, specifications etc.

Don't need ACL and whitelist, since we are just using the ECM related functionality. No interaction with the external agencies as of now.

Any advice on the possible setup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

If you want to use Document Management with PLM WebUI ,

you should  Whitelist.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I tried SFW5,SFW2 etc. but still these business functions are inactive. The main PLM component EA-PLM is active and I reactivated it as well. The PLM node is not showing up in the customizing.

For the dependent objects

• ERP_ENTERPRISESEARCH - It seems Trex need to be installed. Is it mandatory? Can we install in the same client instead of creating a RFC connection?
  • /PLMU/IPPE_INT - It not getting activated. In the business explorer, I activated the BC sets manually but even though this function is not active.

Anybody can guide how to resolve this?

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

You should refer to configuration guide for SAP PLM, it has all information about business switches,

It will depend on what all functions you want to use in SAP PLM,

you should get more details about functions for each business switch in below link.

PLM Web User Interface - Logistics - SAP Library

As far as I know, For embedded search you need to have remote TREX server installed with TCP/IP connection to your ERP/PLM system.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards

Niketan