Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values are cleared on Activation of customer in MDG-C

former_member216769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaints,

I am creating a Customer in MDG-C from custom program using Change request API interface 'IF_USMD_CREQUEST_API'.

All values are passing to proper fields but I am facing an issue like on activation some values are cleared and same is not updating in database tables.

Customer is creating in database but values from sales area, marketing and Additional data block is getting cleared.

Is anyone come across this kind of issue or can anyone suggest some solution for this.

Screenshot as below;

1. Customer below Activation

2. Customer after Activation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

It could be that you have an error in the CVI. Please check using transaction MDS_PPO2.Look for the folder/node with your BP number. There should also be a proper error message with gives you a hint how to solve the issue.

Problem with the CVI is that the data is lost after an error occurs.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member216769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Thanks for your valuable input.

I checked in MDS_PPO2 and found that for some Business partner ID's there is an error message saying "Specify required parameter: IV_KTOKD".

I am passing BP_GROUP and KTOKD values for respective entities while creating change request. On MDG screen also the Customer account group is displayed correctly.

Regards

Manikandan Nair

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Did you also do the needed CVI settings. Like table TBD001.

Check Transaction: MDGIMG --> MDG for Customer --> Integration with customer master in ERP --> Set up CVI for MDG for Customer. Here check the IMG activaty documumentation. The hyperlinks will bring you to the customizing to be done.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member216769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Yes we have done CVI settings in MDGIMG and also mapped the Business Partner Grouping to Customer Account Group.

MDGIMG

Table: TBD001

As highlighted in above images, I am passing BU_GROUP = '0003' in BP_HEADER entity and KTOKD = Z001 in BP_CUSGEN entity, on MDG screen the account group is coming correctly as 'External Customer' but still it is showing error in MDS_PPO2 transaction code.. .

Regards

Mani Nair

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Then I have no idea what it could be.

Try to search for a note or use the where used on the message and look where the message is originating.

Because it goes wrong in the CVI synchronization between BP and Customer it is very hard to debug. It don't know if it has been changed in MDG 8. But before it was done in an update module.

Cheers,

Henk.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217722
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This might happen due to other also. Also implement method for custom handler class

IF_MDG_BS_BP_ACCESS_HANDLER~GET_OBJECT_DATA_BY_ENTITY.

(The above method handling is not mentioned in one of REUSE extension document for supplier).

Sample code looks like this.

IF iv_entity EQ 'ZZZ_CUSTOM.
* *! Get customer data from buffer.
* Data is only returned if the requested entity type belongs to a
* customer record.
FIELD-SYMBOLS:
<ls_data_ext> TYPE mdg_bs_bp_s_ecc_extern.

"search the requested customer in the buffer
READ TABLE gt_ecc_extern_db ASSIGNING <ls_data_ext>
WITH KEY partner-header-object_instance-bpartner = iv_partner.
IF sy-subrc EQ 0.
GET REFERENCE OF <ls_data_ext> INTO er_data.
ELSE.
CLEAR er_data.
ef_not_found = abap_true.
ENDIF.
RETURN.
ENDIF.
RETURN.

Regards,

Mithun Chakravarthi.

former_member216769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

I found the cause of issue, the entity type 'BP_MLT_AS' was not passing from our custom program.

Once I passed the value to 'BP_MLT_AS' entity my issue was solved and values where retained even after activation.

Once again Thanks...

Regards,

Mani Nair