cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 % Automatic stock transfer after Usage Decision

0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I have created a material with inspection type 01. I have done PO and with respect to PO I have done Goods receipt. Stock has been posted into Quality stock. I have done the results recording and the specifications have met.

while doing the Usage Decision I entered as rejected and in inspection lot tab I have entered total stock unrestricted.

Then I checked in MMBE stock has been posted into unrestricted.

my question is what is the use of Usage decision, even if we are accepted or rejected we can post the stock into unrestricted.

How can we do 100% Automatic stock posting after Usage Decision in this scenario.

Please do needful.

Regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Numerous threads are available on this requirement. UD and stock posting are 2 separate events in SAP and have no link together apparently. However SAP offers one functionality in QS51 using which you can decide based on UD code where the stock should get posted. As a result of which, when you give UD as ACC (Accepted) , the stock would be posted in to unrestricted use automatically. However if any user goes intentionally to stock posting screen, he/she can still post the stock in to different compartment irrespective of UD code chosen.

If you want to put the stringent control that if the UD is ACC then it must get posted to UU only, then you have to think of using exits. One should be careful while applying such robust controls and discussion with relevant stake holders is advisable.

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my question is what is the use of Usage decision, even if we are accepted or rejected we can post the stock into unrestricted.

Since the procedure has been suggested and that should do good with your scenario, I'd like to add to your above query. UD valuation is important for different factors. Based on different valuation, you can design your process for different scenarios. It affects further generation of inspection lots, manages auto posting of stock, significant role in procurement cycle, defect management etc.

You shouldn't see this as associated with stock posting only because it's not what this has been defined for.

Stock posting, however, is a completely different functionality which is dependent on business model and user's decision. Positively valuated inspection lot may result in blocking of stock also. Some process release the material after negative valuation of UD and then separately adopt a process to discard the material.

If you need to manage the auto posting entirely based on UD valuation, explore the posting proposal UD and associated follow up actions as suggested by Anand.

NJ

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varaprasad,

Anand has already explained you the exact reasons for having such possibilities provided by SAP. I believe that covers the 1st part of your query.

For the 2nd part of your query - to have 100% stock posting associated with UD code, please check some of my previous answers in the below discussion threads -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3724704

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3717344

Hope this works well for you.

Thanks,

Arijit