cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1937288 - Name2 - First name does not work with F4 help "Customers by Address attribute"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have an issue while developing a match code for the search term using"Search help DEBIX does not return any records when using First Name field (ADDR1_DATA-NAME2)", even if we add the field in the customizing, it does not return the Customer list- for Name 2 search, on further research we found an SAP note-1937288 - Name2 - First name does not work with F4 help "Customers by Address attribute"- which says that the same works only for the customer created with the account group- 0170,

So my question is, Is there any other SAP note, or way we can address this issue, and make the search possible for other account groups as well.

Regards,

A.Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That KBA is ridiculous. It does not explain why such a decision was made to limit this just to one account group (was there a technical limitation? developers were in a bad mood? no one thought this through? it was Monday? we'll never know I guess). Also it states that search is "confusing", so why not just change it? Argh...

You might want to look where the account group is checked (I wonder if they hardcoded it?) and see if it's possible to make an enhancement. Otherwise a custom search help would be needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena, For your reply, You are right, if you go through the Note, you may see a point that they have hard coded the search to the specific account group that is 0170, Now the question is how can we make it work for other account groups as well or may be at least for the Z account groups created by copy of say 0001 etc

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anshuman chakraborty wrote:

Now the question is how can we make it work for other account groups as well

I've already answered in the previous post. Not sure I'm clear what more are you expecting from the community in this regard, a functional spec? That doesn't seem reasonable...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelena, I am not expecting a Functional specs, But was trying to find as since SAP as hard coded as per the note i mentioned in my previous communication, that the name2 search only works for customers created with account group 0170- that is distribution customers for CRM,

So is there any SAP note or help , which guide us like how name2 can be used in the as search for customers with other account groups.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anshuman chakraborty wrote:

So is there any SAP note or help , which guide us like how name2 can be used in the as search for customers with other account groups.

Why would there be other SAP note? The one you found already states clearly that's what it is and they are not doing anything about it.

Did the words "enhancement" and "custom search help" were not enough for a guidance? Did you discuss this with an ABAPer? Are they not capable of figuring this out? Then get a better ABAPer.