cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer group Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We use the customer group filed in customer master as a practice. The new groups request keeps coming very often and it has to be transported on every instance. The question I have is is there any way we can directly maintain it in production without having transports (like a master table). As it is customizing table I am not sure on the best practice to make it as a master table. Also I will not be able to replace the standard search help to call a custom table as there is no exit available for it. Please let me know you thoughts on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adithya ,

As it is customizing table I am not sure on the best practice to make it as a master table. Also I will not be able to replace the standard search help to call a custom table as there is no exit available for it.

you want to crate a customized table to replace stranded master table ?

let me know your requirement in detail .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Yes you are right. Rather than transporting it very frequently, I would want it to be maintained in production. This cannot be done for the standard customizing table.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Adithya ,

SAP has provision to make all the necessary changes as per business requirement . but before doing we have to think Positives and negatives that may impact on other things .

for example -

All Clients master data should be in sync (DEV,QA,PROD).

Customization table will impact other Stranded table which is linked to all the process .

if you did any changes directly that may impact production client (Rare Scenario's).

solution

To make your process atomized with out TR's you can create IDOCs and set background job, so that if you did any changes that will trigger to all the clients directly. 

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

There are options for making IMG settings to "current settings".

Check OSS Note 135028 for general reference.

Best Regards,

Rajen