cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate records in more than 500 tables in TDMS data transfer phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of doing ERP client copy using time slice. There was a time when the RFC were disrupted because of taking down the system.

Now during the Data transfer phase , there are more than 500 tables that has terminated because of duplicate records.

I am aware of how to change the write mode to avoid the duplicate records.

But I am more worried about the quality of data that will be transferred if I just fix the duplicate record problem thru write mode change.

1) Is there any reason and analysis why Duplicate records show up for so many tables ( most of them are FI tables ).

2) How to validate that there is no trouble because of this trouble. Like checking the 'Calc records' & 'Records read' count ...Is there any other method to validate that the data did not get corrupted.

Please advice.

Regards,

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Normally system down situation during data transfer will lead to duplicate errors for the objects that were running when the system was abruptly shut down. But if 500 objects have this error then there may be some other issue as well which you may have overlooked.

You should open an OSS message in CA-TDM-FRM-DTL.

However, there is no impact on data quality by change of write behavior.

TDMS would take care of transferring all the relevant data even in case there are interruptions due to system down situations in between.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member229755
Participant
0 Kudos

There is also another possibility the table was being updated during the Data transfer. Are all the user locked in the Target System? This could also result in Duplicate records. We have been using this Troubleshooting method for a while and have not faced any post refresh issues.

In the worst case, you can bring the table (and the related tables) using BPL.

Regards,

Prasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prasanth for the inputs !!

Answers (0)