cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport PI objects from Dev to QA using CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to transport my PI objects from Dev to QA using CTS, I am just wondering should finish all the development first then do the transfer or like ABAP program, create a Transport Request first then do the transfer later?

Thank you in advance!

Blue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blue , In PI we have do all the development in development environment and move it further to QA / Prod. We cant make any design changes directly in QA/Prod. Please refer below links regarding transport of the objects.

transport SAP PI objects using CTS+ | SCN

how to do CTS Transportation method in sap pi | SCN

- Muru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murugaval for your reply!

Which means transport can only be done after all the development work is done, right?

Blue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blue , Yes we can transport it only after the development is completed and please do the unit testing to make sure everything works fine before you move the changes.

- Muru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murugaval again!

That is what I thought, but wasn't sure, thanks for confirmation!

Blue

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The full configuration and transport mechanism is listed

Regards,

Vikas

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

We can do either ways. It all comes down the change management process. For example in some clients there is a process they will create the CTS+ Request (using ChaRM ,etc) and then we have to start our development. So all the objects you develop need to be attached to that request. Some other clients really don't have change management team or such. So there is no actual process .. We develop the objects first and finally create CTS+ Request and attach the objects. So we can go either ways.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Justin!

Ummmmmm..... So either way works? Is it too late to create the transport request now since I am half  way in the development work?

ALso if you want to creat the request ahead, do you need additional tools like ChaRM?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, ChaRM is not required to create a transport request ahead. I mentioned it as as process they do. You can create it with ChaRM or even without ChaRM. I would say complete your development and finally add the objects to the CTS+ Request.

Just my thought.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your response!

I will wait till all the dev work is done then do the transfer.

Blue