Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU Type check with deconsolidation scenario

former_member804409
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was working on deconsolidation test case for receiving mixed HU's.In my destination storage type i have activated HU type check.I observed that system could not find a suitable bin every time and gave error for creating task for IB03.I have kept HU requirement "X" in storage type settings.

When receiving mixed HUs, HU type check does not work with POSC settings.Once deactivated i had no issues working on scenario.Can someone explain the business relevance?

Regards,

Khushboo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you mean with business relevance WHY this is programmed this way? I just think it is not very practically done... With the deconsolidation step in your process the system requires that the final WTs are created early in the process. But of course for all final WTs except maybe for one (or even for none) the HU which is known now will NOT be the HU which will be putaway. So how should the system do a HU type check? When I tried it the system also did not to find any packaging specification at the time of the WT creation, so I did not manage to influence it.

Simply means that in case of a deconsolidation process all possible final storage types can not have a HU type check. But as often, I would not mind to learn something new

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can maintain the HU type group along with external steps in POSC set up. that step level only system can validate either the HU is relevant 'or' not.so no need to activate again at storage type level.

May be this is the standard behavior as per my knowledge.

normally we can use the HU type check activation for bulk storage types

C K Reddy