cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there compatibility issues with Sybase v12.0 and SQL anywhere v12.0 and Infomaker v12.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am interested in getting Infomaker v12.6 is there any compatibility issues with Sybase or SQL anywhere v12.0 or should it work? I was told to get Infomaker v12.0 due to possible compatibility issues.

Thank you

Justin Ellis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Justin;

Both ASE v12 and SQLAnywhere v12 are quite old releases of SAP's DBMS. It should not matter what version of IM you are using as long as its fairly recent - say IM 11.0 or higher. I am currently using IM 12.6 with SA 12 & 16 and ASE 15.7 & 16.0. ASE/SA v12 connectivity should still work though.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris,

This helps me out a lot. I am new to infomaker and was trying the trial and it kept crashing. I purchased the license and hope Tech Support can help me prevent them from crashing.

Thank you,

Justin Ellis

Former Member
0 Kudos

FWIW: Make sure that you apply the latest EBF's as well (build 4088). That should really help stabilize v12.6 a lot as well - for a better trial experience.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin;

Here is my IM 12.5.2 (last release before 12.6) running just great here at work with SA11. I am very confident that IM 12.6 should be 100% compliant with SA12.

For the old ASE 12 connectivity - just make sure that you use the older "SYC" DB Driver vs the newer ASE version for ASE 12 backward compatibility.

HTH

Regards ...Chris

Answers (0)