cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS data Flat file through BW to another SAP system

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

We will be sending a Flat file to another SAP R3 system so settlement will happen there. I recommended to create a custom program to export/download the Flat File in another R3 system. But, our business is willing to use BW extract program to send the file to another R3 system? Can someone throw some light on BW upload program?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the reason for settling in another SAP system?  Consolidation?  Reporting?  That is a strange requirement or solution.  Will something come back and post in the system from the other system?

Settlement is a reporting of costs within the CO module.  Usually summary data is sent to other systems for reporting or consolidation.

It all depends on the requirements from the other system and what it needs to perform the settlement, but I would think that extracting the data through BW is an unnecessary step.

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ken,

Here is our E2E scenario:

-After acquisition, projects are created independently in X & Y systems.

- X R3 system will be sending a flat file to Y R3 system day before the period end. (Note: We will settle cost in our world after we send an expense file to another system.)

-AGAIN our cost will be settled in another R3 systems along with their own costs.

-Again a flat file with Project settled cost from Y system will be loaded into X system. We will ignore our settled costs coming from Y system to avoid duplication and pick up Y system PO costs only using custom validation.

-Then we will do TBU which will be a combination of X system costs and Y system costs.

But, we have to go through this process since that acquired us demanding it.

Would you recommend this? Please recommend me the best approach or any other work rounds?