cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed on N-Step Approval WFL for SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frens,

Can we have item level approval functionality in n-step approval workflow??

The n-step workflow sends all workitems to the approvers irrespective of whether they are responsible or no. I want to restrict the visibility of it. Can i do it w/o using the WS14500015????

Please help me out.

Its urgent.....plz!!

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I don't have access to a SRM system at the moment but..

To answer you question..

"The n-step workflow sends all workitems to the approvers irrespective of whether they are responsible or no. I want to restrict the visibility of it"

Yes, there is a variable or BAdI called "Hide_work_item" or somethin like that. Setting this will hide from the Approver work item they are not responsible.

I will try to send you more information later.

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naing ,

I have already tried out that flag "hide_workitems" in the approval_table, but it doesnt work.

This flag only works with teh item level approval workflow ir.WS14500015. This is so because we have to fill item_approval_table and the item_object_approval table along with the approval_table. One of them contains link between item guid and approver guid. Based on this the workitems are hidden from those approvers who are not responsible for it.

if you find anything more about my question then do let me know.Or if you find alternate solution to it then please send it to me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Item-level functionality is possible using BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI (N-Step Approval BADI).

Take help of Functional persons in your team, to meet your business requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Atul,

I am doing the coding in the badi BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI only. But I dont want to use the item level approval workflow ie. WS14500015. Instead of it is it possible to have item level functionality using the n-step approval workflow ie.WS14000133????

Is it that item level approval workflow cannot find dynamic approvers or there is a limit to which it can find?????

I want to restrict visibility of the workitems sent to approvers.

I hope my question is clear to you now. Do help me out....Plz.

Thanks in advance.