cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to generate a pdf document from document builder without using pdf generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company is implement SAP/PPR and will utilize document builder.  We currently use Adobe but not LiveCycle.  Is it possible to  a generate a PDF  output from document builder without using PDF Generator by Adobe

Wanda Federovitch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may not understand your question..  One way to get around not having ADOBE PDF Creator is to have an interface extract the Doc Builder Word form, then save it as a PDF (as you can do within Word) and then get ABAP to attach the converted DOCX to .PDF to SRM object in the back end.  This process takes a little longer (other than just saving it as a PDF) but is possible.  With a little dev work, its possible. .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really appreciate your reply.

Question:  Is it possible for the interface to extract the generated doc builder document and save as a PDF behind the scene.  That is I don't want the document creator to be able to make changes to the document after it's generated,  We're setting the element mapping with edit restrictions and if the generated out put needs to be saved as a PDF.  the buyer will be able to makes changes before the PDF is created and some articles will not.

Is it possible for me to get your number so I can speak with you directly.  Because I'm on I on loan for this project my voice mail doesn't work but my number is 713-739-4852.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to call you this afternoon (Thursday 3/17) but in general, once your user releases the docx file, your security team can enhance the role to not allow any change post release.  (not always the best solution, unless you have a WF approval role that can override, like Content Manager or  prof/content/manager).  The ABAP (RICE) team should be able to take that docx form, lock it and create the PDF in the background POST release from Doc Builder.  They should be able to lock it in read only..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or, once the data has been released via DB, then save the Word docx on desktop and then save it as a PDF and load it back to SRM.. but as I said above, need ABAP code to attach docx and convert it to PDF, seek support from interface consultants and rice teams..