cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Filter in Stat Forecast Profile Definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy New Year Everyone,

Our business would like to create a group operator which runs a number of planning operators in sequence.  Within this sequence we would like to include a few statistical forecasts.  Each of the forecasts run have a unique filter which must be used .  With this requirement in mind, I have two questions:

1. In the Manage Statistical Forecast Profile screen of the GUI there is the option to select a filter in the profile definition. 
    1. It appears that the filters presented in the dropdown list are simply the list of saved filters I have personally created in Excel.  If I choose one of these does the filter apply to all users who may initiate the forecast run?  Will this filter be applied if the forecast is assigned to the group operator?  Has anyone had success in defining a filter with their statistical forecast profile?
    2. If the forecast is run through via excel with an ad-hoc filter, does the filter defined in excel overwrite the filter defined as part of the profile or is it additive to the filter defined within the forecast profile (like copy operators)?
  2. If managing the filter through the forecast profile definition is not best practice, is there a way to manage the filter similar to the way filters are defined for copy operators in the planning operator definition?

I have reviewed the configuration guide but did not find anything I felt answered these questions.  Thanks for any insight which you may have.

Dustin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dustin,

#1 - When you add the user defined filter to a Statistical Forecast Profile, the filter applies to all forecast runs initiated by any user. It should run also with a Group Operator.

Please try this and let us know if you see any issues

#2 When you run the forecast with ad-hoc filter in excel, it should overwrite the default filter.

In IBP 4.0, managing Forecasts filters is done using the filter setting of Forecast Profile or when you run a forecast job.

With IBP 5.0 +, you can maintain planning combinations assignment to forecast profiles.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Raghav

Answers (0)