Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of Fiori Search

hchartrand
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a landscape made of a Backend (S/4HANA) and a Frontend (Netweaver with Sybase ASE as the BD) and I'm able to launch Fiori apps without problem

Now, I need to configure Fiori Search in order to use FactSheet and I'm having issue. Looks like my search request send from the Frontend Launchpad doesn't go to the Backend at all.

A couple of questions:

• On SAP Web Dispatcher, is HTTPS mandatory or recommended ?
  • Do we need to activate some Business Functions (tcode SFW5) on the Frontend to enable Fiori Search ?
  • Is there a configuration that needs to be done on the Frontend to let him know who is the Backend ?
  • Do we need to active SICF service /sap/es/ina/* on the Frontend ?

Kind regards

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Virinchy gave many answers. Here are quick answers.

• On SAP Web Dispatcher, is HTTPS mandatory or recommended ?
    • For the Web Dispatcher URL, HTTPS is recommended.
  • Do we need to activate some Business Functions (tcode SFW5) on the Frontend to enable Fiori Search ?
    • No. They are only on backend.
  • Is there a configuration that needs to be done on the Frontend to let him know who is the Backend ?
    • No. Web Dispatcher send any INA requests to backend.
  • Do we need to active SICF service /sap/es/ina/* on the Frontend ?
    • No. This is on backend.
rperezkuzma
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

My two cents on your questions.

Do we need to activate some Business Functions (tcode SFW5) on the Frontend to enable Fiori Search ? 

"BSESH_HANA_SEARCH" or "BSCBN_HANA_NAV" activation of Business functions happens in the business suite system i.e Back End.

Is there a configuration that needs to be done on the Frontend to let him know who is the Backend ?

Yes , Once the search connectors are created in the back end and models are updated , the respective OData services of the app is activated in the front end system referring to the system alias created earlier. (OData service cannot be added in front end system unless search connectors are created in backend).

Ui services of the app are also to be activated in front end.

Do we need to active SICF service /sap/es/ina/* on the Frontend ?

I dont think it should be mandatory because INA search requests happen to back end. .

URL prefix at web dispatcher /sap/es/ina is pointed to back end system where Enterprise search is installed.

Only Search requests happen to back end while OData and HTML requests happen to front End

For SAP Fiori search, transactional apps and fact sheets, SAP Web Dispatcher forwards the following types of requests to the ABAP front-end server and the ABAP back-end server:

• ABAP front-end server:

HTML requests

OData requests

• ABAP back-end server:
    • InA search requests (SAP Fiori search fact sheets only)

Reference : Setup of Fiori Search and Communication between Web Dispatcher and ABAP servers

I would suggest to complete the creation of search connectors and models in the back end system first and test its working via tcode : ESH_SEARCH. and activate the OData services in Front End

The ESH_SEARCH search button might not be enabled if the connectors and model update is nt performed.

Regards

Virinchy