Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA 2.4 desktop - ODBC to HANA

eelco_devries72
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Edit Entity screen of Data Manager within PA 2.4 I have setup an ODBC with HANA to a certain table and identified an ID field. So the metadata of the HANA table is read. But when I push the next button within the screen it gives an error:

Impossible to lock the model repository in <schema>.

Reason: : [S1000][SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] General error;258 insufficient privilege: Not authorized

Does anybody know what to do?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Eelco de Vries

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eelco, can you please provide screenshots? that would help the diagnosis. But I suspect this is similar to the error here:

Antoine

eelco_devries72
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Antoine,

I will go through the ODBC fine tune guide.

See below the screenprint. Within the picture I replaced the real schema with <schema>. The message pops up when I press Next.

Regards,

Eelco

eelco_devries72
Explorer
0 Kudos

I went through the ODBC fine tune guide. Nothing is related IMHO.

We also did a HANA rev upgrade from 96 to rev. 102. I saw more roles were added to HANA.

But when I added the roles to the ODBC user then the same authorization error remained.

So no solution yet.

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me precise a bit.

What I suspect is that the metadata repository for predictive has been stored on the HANA system in a location that is not authorized to your HANA user.

First of all you need to explore the HANA system to see where this is. Look for tables whose name starts with KX (KX*). 

Ideally these tables / metadata repository should be stored in a place that is accessible to all HANA users that will do predictive activities. Another option in case you would be the only user is to store these files in your HANA user schema.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

eelco_devries72
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Antoine,

I created a trace on the ODBC user. Within the trace I saw that the ODBC user did not have permission to perform a SELECT on the <schema>.table.

Then I logged on within HANA Studio with the same user and performed the same select on the exact same table. The same authorization error popped up.

So I gave the ODBC user particular object privilege and it started working.

So problem solved.

I was confused since an earlier try with the ODBC user worked for another schema where I did not give particular object privilege.

Best Regards,

Eelco de Vries

Answers (0)