cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP ERP and SAP Sourcing 10.0 - change to one rfc connection

katie_doody2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, we have completed the integration between ECC and Esourcing/CLM and it is working. My question is that we had to create rfc/ports for each idoc type (ie MATMAS, CREMAS, ORDERS05). I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to use one rfc connection and port for all of the idocs.

Thanks,

Katie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katie

Just curious - any particular reason that you are sending the IDocs via the XML HTTP port to PI's plain HTTP adapter?

The common practice is to use a tRFC port to transfer to PI's IDoc adapter. Refer to my replies in the following thread.

If there are no concrete reason why the XML HTTP port is used, I'd suggest switching to the tRFC port. This would enable you to use just 1 port/RFC connection on the ECC side.

Rgds

Eng Swee

katie_doody2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng, thanks for your reply. I am following the Integration of SAP ERP and SAP Sourcing 10.0 Configuration Guide for implementing the IS_ERP_ES_INTEGRATION scenario. It is pushing the the idoc information to Esourcing as a xml file to be imported into Esourcing.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katie

Ah... so you are following an SAP configuration guide that uses prepackaged content.

Just my two cents:-

In my experience, I've noticed that certain configuration guides and prepackaged contents from SAP can sometimes be outdated and do not reflect the latest technologies available from SAP. For example, providing classical configuration scenarios that are not applicable in single stack systems. I've also come across guides that deviate from best practices.

I can understand that SAP cannot always dedicate resources (which are always limited) to keep every document, guide or prepackaged content up to date. Therefore, sometimes we need to make our own judgment and adjust accordingly. Imagine someone trying to follow blindly the configuration of a classical scenario in a single stack system!

Now back to your case. The IDoc information would also be in XML format if you switch to tRFC port in ECC, as the corresponding IDoc adapter in PI would automatically convert the tRFC data into an XML format.

If for whatever reasons, you cannot switch from an XML HTTP port on ECC, then unfortunately you cannot consolidate it into a single RFC connection/port. This is because the plain HTTP adapter in PI requires the interface details (name, namespace) to be provided in the HTTP call from ECC, and it has to be different for each IDoc type.

Rgds

Eng Swee

katie_doody2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you both. I changed all the scenarios and it is much cleaner.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katie,

Yes, you can achieve such a possibility. Listed below are each of the precise steps for your reference:

1. There should be an ABAP RFC connection between ECC and PI system configured in SM59.

- The purpose of point 1 is that, you can import the existing IDocs with different IDoc types in PI ESR by connecting with ECC from PI, and hence importing all the IDocs. Effectively, it is clear that the connection and authorization test from PI to ECC must be successful.

2. After you have imported the IDocs in ESR and activated, you can use the same in ID as service interface to create the IDoc sender agreement on the sender side.

3. As far as port configuration is concerned, IDX1 (in PI) has ports with respect to different remote host systems and not with respect to different IDoc types. So the port in IDX1 will act as the port receiver, and the port configured in WE21 will act as the port sender. Since the port sender (WE21) is not dependent on partner profile (it being a separate t-code which contains different message types), hence you can have a single sender port configured.

Regards,

Souvik

katie_doody2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I think I left out some vital information. These are outbound idocs using the xml http port to post to pi. They need the url in the path prefix which will be specific to the document type. I can chage the rfc to not reference the path prefix and the idoc is successfully dispatched in we02 but it does not make it to pi. Do you know how I can acheive this with one rfc (sm59)?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Katie,

Requirement is to have same RFC connections for all ports right?

Follow the below steps

1. Execute the T Code WE21.
  2. Create a port under transactional RFC; give it a suitable name and description.
  3. Select the RFC Destination created in the previous step and save it.
katie_doody2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman, the document suggests a different rfc for each idoc. The reason is that the path prefix (namespace) is different for each. I am looking for a way to use one rfc and one port for all the idocs. I am not sure if there is somewhere else I could reference the namespace in order for me to use one rfc for all the idocs.

Thanks,

Katie

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Katie,

RFC you mean RFC destination in SM59?

For all IDOC one is enough.

Create one port and in the partner profile add the list of idocs to triggered/received.