Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know the soap xi3.0 message format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to send a message to the following URL:

https://someURL.com:3004/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BC_INFOSENDER:CC_XI_SND

I'm using postman to send the message but I get the following error (500 Internal Server Error):

null; nested exception caused by:
com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.SOAPHandlerException ["Invalid XI message"]
  at com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.SOAPHandler.setup(SOAPHandler.java:382)

The message that I send:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soap:Envelope
    xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <soap:Body>
        <ns0:MT_Data xmlns:ns0="namespace:version:50">
           <Name>Tony</Name>
           <Country>England</Country>
         </ns0:MT_Data>
    </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I'm guessing that this is not the proper SOAP XI 3.0 message format. Can someone help me out and tell me what the format is that I need to specify?

I'm using SAP 7.3

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria ,

Lets see i can convey you this in an understandable manner or not-

XI3.0 is the protocol and not the format, so you will not find the difference in the format or structure of the message.

XI 3.0 protocol is supported by Integration Engine (ABAP System) and Business Process Engine (BPE) --

So in case of Java Proxies or ABAP Proxies where message is delivered or received from BPE or ABAP Based system which support XI3.0 protocol of services/XML msgs , we choose XI3.0 protocol in the channel

Follow note - 1247043

Regarding your issue, it can mean some kind of validation has failed while validating the message. Please try Inaki's reply.

Regards,

Vikas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok guys, I understand now.

Thanks for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The problem lies more in adding extra fields that are found in an xi message. I browsed the internet looking for the message format of an xi message, but didn't found anything.

Is the graph you posted a representation of an actual xi message?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

Praveen has posted the current PI message structure, check also the structure here: Messages - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

If you check the option Do Not Use SOAP Envelope, the PI won't do any XI message validation, however you should work with the SOAP envelopes at mapping level.

Regards.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

XI 3.0 Message is enhanced SOAP message, it got additional PI specific message headers which require to process the message in PI integration server ot adapter engine.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zakari,

Are you trying to send message to Soap channel(XI 3.0 protocol)?

I guess its not possible using postman or Soap UI.

Try triggering a message from SPROXY.

And if your triggering a message for HTTP change your channel protocol to HTTP and get the WSDL endpoint from Sender agreement/ICO and use the same in SOAP UI/Postman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Is there really no possibility for me to use postman in this, without changing the endpoint or protocol? Why do you think that it's not possible?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zakaria,

Usualy XI 3.0 message is used for JPR and PRoxy runtimes.

So for testing HTTP scenarios we use Soap UI or Postman.

if it is proxy scenario why dont you try using Sproxy test message.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zakaria,

Didn't you get the WSDL from the PI system? I never tried Postman for SOAP calls, only HTTP calls. Can you try using SOAP-UI?

Thank you,

Justin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

I deliberately chose postman for this purpose. As far as I know, it doesn't work with soapUI. Changing the protocol from xi3.0 to SOAP1.1 works with postman, so the SOAP message is not the problem.

Any ideas?