cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway Kit via warehouse task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EWM experts,

i am trying to create the following scenario.

Generate Kit to stock directly in EWM and move the finished kit to a different putaway bin.

the following works

1> The VAS order is created and the IBD/OBD is generated

2> I pick the components for the Kits wrt to the OBD and confirm the WH task

3> In the workcenter for kitting i consume the component and post the finished kit./

4> I pack the finished kit to a HU

Now i want to move the kit automatically to a final putaway bin. However i am unable to do so.

I tried the following config, have create a POSC for the putaway process step with VSKS (kitting step) and IB03(putaway step) with auto creation of WH task set for VSKS. But this is not helping.

Any idea how this can be achived

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

'"I tried the following config, have create a POSC for the putaway process step with VSKS (kitting step) and IB03(putaway step) with auto creation of WH task set for VSKS. But this is not helping."

yes, of course not. You have no process here with that step.

It should be possible to use a PPF action to create the WT automatically when GR is posted.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right creating a WT via PPF is an option.

Actually the process requires movement the stock to a subsequent Workcenter before moving the to the final putaway bin. This movement will be triggered manually.

As par SAP help

"There are two types of storage control possible for value-added services (VAS):

1. Storage control "UP" for non-packed delivery items or for packed delivery items without process-oriented storage control:

Here, the system diverts the product warehouse task for the inbound delivery or warehouse task for the outbound delivery to a VAS work center. When the last VAS activity is completed for the stock at the work center, the system creates a subsequent warehouse task for final putaway or for the goods issue zone. If the VAS order takes place at several VAS work centers in sequence, the system creates warehouse tasks that bring the goods from one VAS work center to the next one"

My VAS order has been created with two levels. Where the first level is the kitting level performed in WC X linked to bin X and subsequent level is for additional processing in another WC Y in bin Y.

I have maintained external step VSX1 for kitting in the first level of the packaging specification with destination bin a Bin X and external step VSO1 for the second level with destination bin as Bin Y.

I created the KIT and posted it in WC X and packed it to create a HU. Now as par the above documentation the system should create a new WH task to move the stock to Bin Y. However if i Select the HU and execute Create VAS WH task its instead creating a task to move the stock to the final putaway bin instead of next bin.

I am not sure what i am missing here to create the WH task to move it to the next WC.

Thanks

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"My VAS order has been created with two levels. Where the first level is the kitting level performed in WC X linked to bin X and subsequent level is for additional processing in another WC Y in bin Y."

I do not think that this will work. The Kit process knows two movements, the picking of the components and the putaway of the kit.

My suggestion would be to have this two fold: one VAS order for the first step, a second VAS order which refers to the inbound process for the second step. Not sure if it works, but worth a try.

The documentation you quite refers to VAS orders related to inbound or outbound processes (or probably really only to inbound), but the Kit VAS order is for an internal process.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

once after creating the KIT in WC , complete the process step against the HU, then it can create a WT.

the same WT, you can find in the monitor with reference to the IBD ( which is created at VAS order header ).

C K Reddy