Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn SAP SRM or Ariba

bhavya_sri3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Currently I'm working as a Portal consultant. Coming to my experience, I have considerably good work experience in WebDYnpro ABAP as well. Right now, I'm looking to move to a functional area. I learned SRM functional concepts up to some extent and also worked on some of the enhancements for SRM as a technical consultant. But I've done all this a couple of years back and currently working primarily as a Portal consultant.

I'm hearing a lot of news about Ariba now. If I want to plan my career as a function consultant, is it best to learn SRM in depth or should I start learning Ariba.. I'm really confused about this and also surely want to move as a functional consultant. 

Can anyone please share your experience and suggest which is a better path for me to choose..

Any guidance is really appreciated .

Thanks,

Bhavya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

So far what I have herd from my SAP folks. SRM and Ariba will be there in future but as per SAP plan,it  will stop supporting for SRM by 2025(*no official declaration yet)  and continue with Ariba. In Ariba ,particularly on premise will be the promising prospect to learn. Below is the few key points about future roadmap:-

Key points:

• Support for Direct Material – There is a shift in approach for Supplier collaboration from linear supply chain to a demand network using Ariba Network. Ariba Network has started supporting Direct Material scenarios (currently limited to specific use cases like subcontracting and consignment), there is a strong roadmap to add more Direct Material use cases in future release and replace SAP SNC with Ariba Network.  This is a significant future business opportunity; in addition to the business this is an opportunity for all Ariba consultants to develop expertise in Direct Material procurement scenarios. Current release is CSC2.0. A quick overview of CSC is available at - http://www.ariba.com/solutions/buy/supply-chain-collaboration
  • User Experience and Product Extensions – There is significant focus on user experience with Fiori principles, this is focused to provide the consistent UI across all SAP applications. Many of you who are working on Ariba engagements will be getting the regular updates from Ariba on the new UI releases.  Ariba is also working to involve partners to develop product extensions, this is an exciting idea which will take few more months to shape up (Approach, Technology, Development Toolkit, platform etc..)
  • Integration options – Future developments in integration area are focused towards the S/4 platform as native integration and HCI for cloud, no significant roadmap for further integration development in ECC and SRM area. 
  • Partner education - Ariba will start certification program in 1st quarter of 2016 to have partners get their consultants certified in Ariba
  • Opportunity for partnership with Ariba - Ariba is getting lot of business and is very open for partnership with partners on future deals. Focus area for collaboration with Partners will be:
    • Traditional Business Process Consulting
    • Services Opportunity for Integration (Buy and Sell side)
    • Solution Extensions to bring additional value
    • Supplier Enablement to augment Ariba’s offerings

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may clear your doubt further.

bhavya_sri3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your valuable inputs Parixit.

This gave me a fair idea of how things are moving in procurement space now..

Regards,

Bhavya