Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required to do Odata to File

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In my secenario OData is a sender. I am getting a URI from third party systems. In that URI we have an query string so I would like to know how to consume it in PI.Please provide some basics on this to achive

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192561
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

Were you able to achieve this scenario of Odata to File ?? Can you please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

See the below post. You can use ODATA adapter. However you can use it only on the Receiver channel. Not sure the Gateway for Java - ODATA provisioning is available yet. Better check with Alexander on the below blog.

THanks!

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

How will we generate a file  by consuming Odata services?

I didn't understand.In SAP documentation they have clearly written we use Odata only at receiver so how will we achieve scenario for Odata to file?

Thanks

Praveen

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

That's what even I said, ODATA is currently available only on receiver using ODATA adapter. There are options.  I don't know what's your schedule to call the ODATA service. Let say everyday morning 8:00 AM you need to call that service (just for an example) - then  have below pattern. Your sender File is just dummy file for triggering the scenario.  So everyday schedule the ATP for sender channel to run at 8:00 AM . You can search for Async - sync without BPM.

file - odata - file scenario

I believe it should work, but wait for other experts opinion to see if there is any other better option.

Thank you,

Justin.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Please refer the below link

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I have gone through the link but I didn't get it , How to use it Odata as a sender. Can you explain about the process steps?

Mine is Odata to File, I have got URI link only that contains a query itself in URI. If you have an idea , can you explain how will we do ESR and ID for this.

Thanks

Praveen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Refer the below link. You need mention the query URL in the channel and structure depends on the scenario you would like to achieve.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/10/16/howto-configure-a-communication-c...

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Checked given link by you, in my case it's not success factor even though can we use it for Odata.

I have only URI  how can I do it? can you explain little bit?

Thanks

Praveen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

If you see the link thy have used a ODATA protocol only.

So try as per it, if your stuck somewhere lets c.

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I have tried no luck. even I don't know how the parameters will be in the adapter?

Can you guide me?

Thanks

Praveen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Please post the paramters used.I can try helping you

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

When I configured with SFSF ,I am getting below error

OData endpoint could not be reached Reason:con.sap.aii.adapter.lib.component.data.exception.osciexception:Request processing is not possible,Problem in getting edmx file.

Thanks

Praveen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

SFSF adapter with ODATA adapter right?

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes, SFSF adapter with Odata as a sender.

Thanks

Praveen