Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPF Open UI Control inconsistency in Win 8.1

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a WPF Open UI Control developed for a specific scenario in Work Manager application.

I have placed my custom .dll inside "CustomControls" folder.

This works perfectly fine in a laptop running Windows 7.

But when I tested the same in the targeted windows tablet which is running Win 8.1, the Open UI Control didnt kick in (nothing was shown in the OpenUI Space)

Agentry WPF Client Used- 70.10.7 (In both Laptop and Targeted device)

SMP Server- SP 10

Is there any official limitation for Open UI in Win 8.1?

What else I need to check?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards

Madan KM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are no known Win 8.1 limitations with Open UI.  I have used controls both in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. 

My guess is that there is a dependency on a system library that is missing on the one device.  I would double check what is required to run the DLL and make sure it matches on the other device as the first step.

--Bill

madan_km
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The strange thing which I encountered was, When I packaged the dll as a .exe, it ran without a problem in the test device.

I thought this result alone is enough to prove that there is no system library related problems. (.NET framework versions to be specific)

Regards

Madan KM

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It all depends on what Visual Studio is bundling in the exe.  If there are other DLLs referenced they need to be in the correct location (typically the WPF root directory not the CustomControls directory) on the device to be found.  On your Windows 7 device they may already exist but are not present in the correct location or version on Win 8.1.

--Bill