cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element setup and automatic acc. assignment

0 Kudos

hi Guys,

While configuring Simple Finance basic scenarios, one of the features is that all GL accounts are also cost elements by default. We can set even specific parameter in GL master data for Cost element category.

Later on, when i started testing i realized that because of that when posting receivable, system is asking me to provide 'CO account assignment' even though for revenue i'd expect only to provide profit center.

Does it mean that i would need now to configure OKB9 for all possible scenarios to be able to post without providing always Cost object for AR side posting ?

BR

Tomek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomek,

For the Revenue / AR side you should be using COPA / Profitability segment assignment for the object.

This piece of functionality is similar as it was in EHP XX...

Hope this helps,

The default assignment in OKB9 is like a fall back setup and in the Revenue GL / CE you need to have the COPA segment as  assignment.

Regards

Rishab

0 Kudos

Hi Rishab,

We are currently focusing on FI/CO only so as far as i recall, CO/PA needs to be derived while we are on the billing stage in SD, am i right ? As we plan to first start with FI/Co Only to replace some old own apps covering it now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomek,

I would suggest that you use default profit center then just to be able to move ahead in OKB9

Going forward when you have COPA setup, you can then use COPA.

Regards

Rishab

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you mention cost element category as 11 in GL master, then system will expect profit center while posting any transaction.

0 Kudos

Hi Tomek

Have a look at this link: CO Account Assignment - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki. See if it helps your issue