cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Sorting Activities

0 Kudos

Hi

working with PS,  have a problem in sorting activities.

I have a project with this structure:

As it's showing in the picture, the activity "20" is the successor of activity "30".

I need to sort the activities based on Earliest start date. when I do this, the activities are sorting as below:

As it's clear. in graphic view, the activity "20" is now under WBS1-2 that it's wrong.

of course that is just in view, in activity detail screen nothing changed and the activity belongs to WBS1-1.

I need a way to sort this activities without change in WBS. (I need a sorting based on WBS element and earliest start date.)

Thanks

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

What is your expectation on the sorting ?

I guess, this is only for sorting, but it will not change the activity to another WBS element after save.

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Dear Maria

Thanks for your reply.

I know that this is just for sorting and don't change the WBS element which activity is assigned to.

I need a view of sorted activities with right WBS in view. In other words, I need to make sorting on WBS element an earliest start together, but this sorting isn't possible. I need a solution for this.

Regards

Soma

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soma,

It is possible to sort using Earliest start date. You need to define and apply in sorting.

Expand the first part of screen, to view the dates of your WBS elements. Since i dont see any thing wrong with the screenshot you have mentioned.

Screen shot : 1

Activity 50 starts 1st - 10 - 30 - 20 - 40

If you use earliest start date, then this should how it displayed, so system is correct

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi Trence

As we can see on screenshots, the order of activities are right. the problem is in the view of assignment of activity 20. this activity is assigned to WBS1-1 but when we sort activities, it is shown below WBS 1-2. I need to sort first, based on WBS element code and second based on earliest start but I can't. Of course maybe there is another functionality to do that I don't know.

Best regard

Soma