cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender REST GET adapter renders no xml document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a synchronous REST GET <-> SAP PO 7.31 SP16 <-> SAP scenario where an external party is calling a rest service exposed by PO. When calling the REST service no xml or parameter values are sent as the call is only suppose to trigger the returning of data from SAP.

In PO I need to send the same XML message to SAP every time the REST service is called so I wanted to add an operation mapping to create that xml message to send to SAP. However, I realize that I do not receive any xml from the REST adapter to work on.

Question: How do I configure the REST sender channel to create an xml document that I can use in my mapping?

Kind regards Mikael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael

Welcome to SCN!

If you are always sending the same XML payload to the target SAP system, I guess that it should be populated with all constant/hardcoded values.

If that is the case, you don't need an actual source XML payload. Just define a dummy structure for the source message type. In the message mapping, just map Constants to all the required fields in the target payload. This way, it doesn't matter that there is no XML payload sent to PO when the service is called.

This is somewhat similar to a scenario mentioned in my blog below, except that it is an empty response instead of an empty request. Refer to "Empty Response body" in section "Additional points for consideration".

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Eng. I ended up using a java mapping which worked too.

Answers (0)