cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple User Login on Same Android device in SAP Work Manger???

former_member337066
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill Froelich

Konstantin Kulikov

AK K's Profile | SCN

Chandra Ayyagari's Profile | SCN

Stephen Streeter

Leonardo Gomez

Ajitesh Upadhyaya

Volker Saier

Manju Venkatesha

Hello Experts,

We are working on SAP Work Manager 6.2 SMP 3.0 SP08.

We are using same Android device for multiple Users in shift. But when Second User try to Login it showing below error.

what changes we need to do in configuration for fixing this issue.

and is there any SAP recommendation for per User 1 separate device???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What version of the Andorid client are you using? 

The screenshot is of the WPF client.  What version of the client is that?

Is the error the same on the Android client?

Can you move the dialog box so we can see the rest of the line about the new user logging in?

--Bill

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

As far as I know there were a few security changes since Work Manager 6.0 to 6.2 that made the product disable certain password features (This is more tied to the platform Agentry to fit in SAP security policy - of no stored password on the actual device). There is a request to enable certain security.  For example, if the user changes password or the password expires there is no way for the user to do it successfully as the password is not stored on the device (per security policy). So in your example above, due to no password is stored locally, when the 2nd user uses the device while the 1st user left for the day without processing the stored transactions (pending transaction) then the 2nd user will not be able to connect successfully (as the password is null or blank).

With what I said above,this feature is not available yet in Work Manager 6.3. It may be in a patch soon.  My information is based on my discussion with the product owner back in December 2015. So unless something drastic changed within a few weeks, the feature may need to be re-enabled.

If you really need this you may talk to your Account Executive on this feature request as they have more access to product owners of Work Manager than SAP Support.

I believe there are feature request tied to an Account Executives with multiple SAP customers who filled this request out in our internal channel. So you may be one of the customers who needs to be added in this feature. So speak with your AE so your AE can add your name too.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer