cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Profiling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My company has Installed Information Steward 4.2 (demo) and would like for us to profile the below data:

1. Material Master (MARA,MARC,MARD)

2. Purchase Info Records (EINA, EINE)

3. Routing (MAPL,PLKO,PLPO)

Can you direct me to the best practices of data profiling for the above data?

Also since data is coming from multiple tables, where is the data joined for profiling (a view in ECC?)?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow these steps

1.Create a Data Insight project

2.Create connection to ECC that contains the tables to be profiled.

3.Import the tables to be profiled

4.Create a Information Steward view to join the related tables together.Apply filter conditions if there's any

5.Perform the profiling on the view created in step 4

Look at IS admin guide http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sboIS42/en/is_42_admin_en.pdf under topic "Using SAP applications as a source"  for performance considerations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your feedback. Do you think the Rapid Deployment Solution will assist in a quick ramp up? Should we even consider installing it?

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless you want Information Steward to work with MDG , I don't think you need RDS.

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I thought the RDS is including beside the Integration with MDG also the pre-defined rule set for data quality assessment on the core ECC table like MARA etc. So using the RDS package (only the provided pre-defined rules) should help ECC only assessment as well.

Niels

krishnamohan_corp9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

if you need to profile the data by joining 2 or more Tables , it can be done in DS designer and the table Needs to be staged Or else you can join the 2 Tables in informationsteward itself.

add an application connection in information steward through cmc.

create a view on top of that table.

perform profiling.

regards

krishna