Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while saving a view: You tried to write an inactive text more than once

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing an error while saving a view in HANA: "You tried to write an inactive text more than once"

We created this calculation view from scratch and it was activated successfully the first time, but when we try to create a change (any kind of change) to this view we get the error message above.

Do you have any clue on the root cause and how to track and fix it?

Thank you

Ivan

Looking at the detailed message error I see that some columns are replicated, but none of those are actually duplicated in the view.

Short Text

Save failed

Error Message

You tried to write an inactive text more than once. Here is the list of texts you tried to write:

[

{m_id: QTY_ORDERED, m_type: XCOL, m_maxLength: 120, m_content: QTY_ORDERED},

{m_id: QTY_RECEIVED, m_type: XCOL, m_maxLength: 120, m_content: QTY_RECEIVED},

{m_id: QTY_OPEN, m_type: XCOL, m_maxLength: 120, m_content: QTY_OPEN},

[...cut...]

{m_id: QTY_ORDERED, m_type: XCOL, m_maxLength: 120, m_content: QTY_ORDERED},

{m_id: QTY_RECEIVED, m_type: XCOL, m_maxLength: 120, m_content: QTY_RECEIVED},

{m_id: QTY_OPEN, m_type: XCOL, m_maxLength: 120, m_content: QTY_OPEN},

[...cut...]

]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Even I faced this issue. To my understanding, when we modify a view it looks like the system stores the old view definition with only few fields. On activation there will a clash for these fields resulting in duplicate columns. I overcame this by changing names of these fields. For ex., QTY_ORDERED to QTY_ORDERD, QTY_ORDRD, etc.

Just try to rename the fields(adding/removing a character) this will be resolved.

Regards,

Chandra.

_IvanFemia_
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That fixed the save now, but unfortunately I cannot revert the field to the original name...

So I had to change the ABAP query.

I'm curious to understand if there is another clear solution for this bug.

Ivan

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ivan, even I wanted a clear solution but didn't explore much as workaround was good at that time. Ya, fixing all the dependent objects is hectic.

Regards,
Chandra.

Answers (0)