cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a warehouse required for each Production S.Loc?

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am wondering if I need a separate warehouse for each of the production storage locations when I need to have traceability of stocks at production line side?

I am looking to implement material staging at our production plant. I have read that I would require separate storage locations for each of our production lines in the production plant.

Example

Plant A - Sloc 0001 - warehouse 1 - storage types - storage bins

Plant A - Sloc 0020 - product 1

Plant A - Sloc 0021 - product 2

Plant A - Sloc 0022 - product 3

When I use MF60 to stage materials in Sloc 0001 - warehouse 1 do I need another 'warehouse' in Sloc 0020 so that I putaway the materials?

So it would look something like:

Plant A - Sloc 0001 - warehouse W1 - storage types - storage bins

Plant A - Sloc 0020 - product 1 - warehouse W20 - storage types - storage bins

Plant A - Sloc 0021 - product 2 - warehouse W21 - storage types - storage bins

Plant A - Sloc 0022 - product 3 - warehouse W22 - storage types - storage bins

So materials in warehouse W1 would be picked according to demand in MF60 and the 311 mvt to Sloc 0020 and then when received putaway in storage types and then storage bins in W20?

The control cycles ask for a Destination Storage bin so can i assume that i would use the production Sloc warehouse of W20 as an example?

Logistically, plant A includes all production areas and the main warehouse.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which is your production storage location in the above example, Normally we always segregate production storage location with Consumption storage location so let's say if I have a PLANT A which is having a warehouse (WH1) for Raw material / Packing material under storage location (R001) and I want the system to suggest me to transfer the stock on line side storage location (P001)

1) Assign warehouse number(WH1) to both R001 & P001

2) Activate WM - PP interface

3) perform WM-PP related confirmation setup (e.g. storage type 100. movement type 319, production supply area and control cycle for the raw material / packing material also storage location control)

After creation / Release of production order goto MF60 system will create TR for storage location R001 create TO against TR and transfer the stock to storage type 100 once you confirm the stock in 100 using storage location ref system will automatically transfer the stock to production storage location P001

Hope I understood your question correctly and my answer is what you expect

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Manish

That's a great answer and fills in the blanks in my thinking, so to speak.

I have just created  a new SLoc for Production and linked it to our current Sloc which has the warehouse attached to it.

So steps 1) and 2) are done.

Can I ask what specific 'storage location control' you are meaning in 3)? Other than that I have completed 3)

Your last paragraph is the information I have been looking for.

So on the final confirmation of the stock being received at the Production SLoc (P001), it is removed from St.Typ 100 (in WH1) and is only then visible at IM in SLoc P001?

Then production order clears the stock from P001 by backflushing it.

If this is the case, surely I would lose stock traceability in the production area if the stock is only shown at IM. Is this true?

My requirement would be to see the production stock that I had just staged in a production storage bin until backflushing took place.

I can forsee problems with MRP if I cannot separate the stock from R001 and P001.

Regards

Darren

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With regard to storage location control please refer my response in the existing thread

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3548165

So on the final confirmation of the stock being received at the Production SLoc (P001), it is removed from St.Typ 100 (in WH1) and is only then visible at IM in SLoc P001?  -- Yes it will be visiable in storage location P001 but along with that it will still be in storage type 100 till consumption takes place

which means till the time final consumption takes place your stock will be visible in IM as well as WM

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Thank you for your quick response. It was exactly the information I was looking for.

I am now busy configuring our DEV box to test out the staging process in it's entirety

Many thanks again

Regards

Darren

Answers (0)