cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some queries in XI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI guru's,

I have some queries in XI, can you please clarify the same. and the queries are:

1. Is there any special reason for HTTP placed on ABAP stack rather that J2EE stack?

2. How to monitor pipe line services ? Is there any dedicated Tx code for that?

3. Whenever we get exception like ALE services are not available?

Kindly clarify above queries asap.

Cheers.,

xeon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1. Is there any special reason for HTTP placed on ABAP stack rather that J2EE stack?

yes - HTTP communication is part of ABAP was so why develop it once more on java

>>>>. How to monitor pipe line services ? Is there any dedicated Tx code for that?

yes - SXMB_MONI

>>>>3. Whenever we get exception like ALE services are not available?

if you mean <b>when</b> - check XI FAQ for the answer to this question

and how to resolve it

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike...

Could you please give me answers for some other queries...

1. How do we monitor adapter engine? Is there any dedicated Tx code for that??

2. After pushing the Idoc by using BD87, Is there any dedicated Tx code is available for verifying that idoc is reached or not??

Do the needful....

Cheers.,

Xeon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xeon,

<i>1. How do we monitor adapter engine? Is there any dedicated Tx code for that??</i>

- Go to Runtime work bench from your XI Home page and click on Component monitoring and then choose Adapter monitoring.

<i>2. After pushing the Idoc by using BD87, Is there any dedicated Tx code is available for verifying that idoc is reached or not??</i>

- In Tx SXMB_MONI, you can see the message flow in XI.

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sageon,

1. MONITORING ADAPTER ENGINE :

Go to Runtime Workbench , Select Component Monitoring and you will find a link to monitor the central adapter engine as well as non central.

In latest service packs of SAP XI the adapter monitoring is replaced by Communication Channel Monitoring.

2. Yes you can monitor the IDOC send from SAP System to XI by using transaction IDX5.

Regards,

Shri

• Reward points if it helps you