cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is their any other configuration required for accessing bi from mobile on external network like mobile data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

i need to connect from my android  mobile to sap bi phone.

we published the ip address in order to connection to mobile bi on android device from external network,

for internal network by using the mobile server ip address works fine.. but after publishing the ip i get this error message ...

"Connection to server could notbe established; try again or conttact your administrator(MOB06031)...

is there any step by step guide for this?

how to configure for using on any network from external and internal.

mobile server URL:

<mypublishedadd>.< example.com>

CMS

<mypublishedadd>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195766
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any Mobile application  if it has to get connected to the internal corporate servers which are protected by firewalls cannot directly be accesse unless the ports for these servers are exposed to the external network directly or through a reverse proxy ,  It is exposed else VPN is the direct way.

1. In your case , the most easiest  without changing your landscape , First connect to VPN over Mobile to your corporate network first and then try to login in. It should work.

2. Else, you can hosts a Reverse proxy server in the DMZ layer and expose to the external network. In the reverse proxy server, you can map the internal Mobile BI server  details which again can as well help you.

3. Third is , you directly expose your Mobile BI server in the DMZ layer so that it is accessible to the external network directly , In this case , your IT has to as well manager the security since your Mobile BI server is directly exposed to external network.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are too experiencing this same issue with our android mobile bi users.  However, our iphone users can connect it with no issues.  The network has a dmz and the server is exposed.  I have even placed the mobile bi servers ssl cert on the android phones to test. Any help or advice is appreciated.  Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

we configured the ssl cert on the bo server for accessing from external net

To set up SSL for all server communication, you need to perform the following steps:

• Deploy the BI platform with SSL enabled.
  • Create key and certificate files for each machine in your deployment.
  • Configure the location of these files in the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) and your web application server.
  • Or, configure SSL for certificates that are managed by a certificate authority.

Edite E:\SAP BO\tomcat\conf\server.xml as follows

• Uncomment the line containing connector attribute with por=**** and modify as follows:

<Connector port="****"

SSLEnabled="true"

protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"

sslProtocol="TLSv1"

maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"

clientAuth="false" 

keystoreFile="C:\SSL\urcetname.pfx"

keystorePass="passcode"

keystoreType="PKCS12"

/>

i hope this help.

beniam g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I have SSL enabled and this is only affecting any of our android users.  Our iphone users can access with no problems.

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Would recommend to Open a Incident with SAP.
This issue would require debugging and understanding the issue more.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikas.  I'll open a ticket with SAP Support.

0 Kudos

Hello Beniam,

Were you able to make this work. Please convert this to answered if answers have resolved the access issue with the App.

Regards

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hi,

The error clearly states that the communication is not happening from Client to server. You may choose Fiddler to see if there is any traffic flow to the Mobile Server (MobileBIService).

Does any of the URL or like a tomcat home page accessible from the device using the same settings?

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vikas.

yas i can access the tomcat home page from the same device by using browser,

Regards

Beniam.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say you are able to access the tomcat page, is it from internal network or outside network?

From your post its looks like you have a problem accessing from outside?

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the problem is accessing from outside network..like mobile data.

0 Kudos

Hey,

So what i understand is you are not able to access the tomcat page as well from outside network.

If that is the case then IT needs to help you to resolve this, if SAP BI is not able to connect and Safari works fine then could you please send across the logs in debug mode from the App.

Regards

Vikas