cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor (GR) specific inspection lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I am looking for meeting a scenario of multiple vendors where for one kind of vendors I need to set up inspection lots for every good receipt whereas for other kind, I need to set up GR specific inspection lots. It is like for Vendor 1, inspection lots are required for every GR or 101 movement, but for Vendor 2 inspection lots are needed only when first GR is made but not for others.

I read out quality info records but I didn't find anything there which could meet this scenario.

Since I am new to QM so I don't know what kind of information you seek. Please let me know what more is needed so that I can explain the issue better.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you need to explain a bit more.

• How do you differentiate between two vendors ?
  • What's the criteria to identify the process difference?
  • How do you do the batch management ?

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response. Here is the information you need,

1. We differentiate the vendors on the basis of supplied quantities.

2. For every vendor supplying over and 500 units, we need inspection lots on bunch basis. GR will be done for 50 units and then consecutive 50 units each. It has to create one inspection lot for all of 500 units. Whereas for any quantity below 500 units, we need lots for each GR irrespective of the number of GR.

3. Batch number is maintained at material level and it is external assignment. We use a common batch number for vendors above 500 units and different for each GR when supply is below for each GR.

I am suggested to explore some exits or do some enhancements. Can you help with that ? I am also looking to maintain a VC table and write some dependencies but I am not sure enough about it.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO! Don't go for any development.

Based on your inputs and if anything else is not missed out, I can say this can be met using standard functionality. I have once worked with similar requirement.

You got to make the setting in material master-QM view. For the inspection type 01, look what you have maintained in 'ControlInspLot'. I believe it is currently set to 'For each material document'. Change it to 'For each PO item....'.

As a result, you'll get a single inspection lot when batch number is not changed (provided it belongs to same material and same Purchase order).

So for each GR>500, you won't get multiple inspection lots since batch number doesn't change but quantities will get updated after every GR until you have not processed and closed the inspection lot. On the other hand, when GR<500, you use different batch number and therefore, system will create a new inspection lot for every batch (or every GR).

If this coincides with your process, you can consider your job done. You, however, need to ensure that inspection lot for common batch number doesn't get closed before complete GR is made or else, it will create a new inspection lot for remaining quantity when next GR is done even for the common batch number.

Check with the client.

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin, Your suggestion is very well welcomed by client and they confirmed there won't be early closing of inspection lot before whole quantity is received. Just a quick query, what do I need to maintain in quality info records apart from settings suggested ? Is there anything else which need to be taken care of ?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing is needed to maintain in Q-info records. Well I can't think of any significant prerequisite at this moment apart from what I already told, however any deviation with the process might yield more suggestions.

Go ahead!

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It worked and accepted by client. If any deviation comes up, I will create a query.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)