Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Specification

former_member385587
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement that the inspection lots should be created with different inspection specification based on the delivery to different customers.

The material is same and only the specification changes based upon the customer. Is it possible to have the inspection plan specific to customer and have the inspection plan for delivery activated for this material ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Possible but dependent on the kind and volume of data.

One of the way to meet this requirement is by chose to create different customer specific plans and assign the customer name into Group.

In the material master, do not set the indicator on for 'Automatic assignment'. Thus, inspection lots will be created but don't get the plan assigned and withstand CRTD status. Manually assign the required plan based on customer using Group name.

NJ

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manually assign the required plan based on customer using Group name.

NJ

Instead of manual assign you could you UserExit QPAP0002 for automaticly assign plan group to customer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello - this is standard functionality for a type 10 inspection lot. Click on the material assignment button in the inspection plan & add the customer number to the appropriate group counter. Keep one group not assigned to any specific customer, that will be chosen in case of no customer specific assignment

Regards,

John

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, of course. That's the easiest way if you scroll material assign screen to the right direction

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you use variant configuration maybe that could help you:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/810539

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this exit. I suggested one of the many ways to achieve this dependent requirement

NJ

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, many roads lead to Rome

So i thought I pimp your suggestion up.