Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LICENSE

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question about SAP License. I have upgraded(System Copy) the hardware of our SAP System with different computer name then a message prompt that our sap system will expire on 2nd week of january.

As per checking since the hardware changed we need to request new license key.

My question is:

1. is there any additional cost for requesting a new license key for our new hardware?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

1. is there any additional cost for requesting a new license key for our new hardware?

There is no additional license cost if you migrate your existing production server hardware,you just need to update the new system information at SAP service marketplace (Keys, Systems & Installations | SAP Support Portal) by requesting deletion of previous system to obtain updated license keys with new hardware key.

Regards,

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir Gaurav,

Can I ask another question?

what if I requested a license key for dev server and dr server; do sap will charge our company for additional cost?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please go through below thread

SAP Disaster Recovery Plan | SCN

and

1619879 - licensing of HA/DR/cluster -> invalid license

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

if I requested a license key for dev server and dr server

You could generate the keys for DEV & DR server if you changes hardware by removing older entries from SMP to register with new details.

do sap will charge our company for additional cost?

There will be no additional cost for this activity.

Regards,

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have another question..

why additional license key since I have just edit the system?

and i have 2 license keys in that system. do you think it will charge us for additional license key?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Is this any changes in th hardware? based on you hardware key you have to get the license key from SAP Service Market place and apply on your system.

Kindly refer the SAP Note 578256

Regards

SS

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Have you removed the previous hardware key entry during generation of new key as per new hardware details ? If not then you need to perform the activities at SMP to update it with correct details.

Regards,

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I have deleted it a while ago.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

excelent!

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks! SAP License has been installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

No extra cost will be liable for hardware migration. You just have to update Hardware key details on SMP and request for license . Then install from SLICENSE.

Change the hardware key for the system and request a new certificate
Go to SAP License Key ----> Select Installation ---> Select System ----> and after that click on EDIT system. There you need to update the new hardware key ----> and then submit it .
After this request a new license.
To update the new license key ----> go to SLICENSE ----> and then import the certificate
Br, Vaibhav

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James.

As rightly said by Gaura, In addition you can refer the SAP Business One License FAQ

SAP Business One License FAQ

Regards

SS