cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool_internal_error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting this dump regularly. When I checked in SPO_NUM object, the Maximum value is set to 32000.

We have a job SAP_REORG_SPOOL to clear the spools older than 10 days and this runs once in a day.

But here when I checked for spools in SP01, I could see the spools from August 2015 and all these spool requests are in waiting status.

The count of spools I could see is 45000 from August 2015.

If we run the report RSPO0041, does it wont delete the spools in waiting status?

When I checked the Note 48284, If we increase the spool number, the issue will resolve. But here, can anyone please let me know what would be the reason for spool overflow even we have a daily job to delete the spools and also I could see the spools in waiting status since Aug15!!

What could be the reason for Spool errors? Please advise me

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200876
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

you can check this doc. , it may help you to delete spool automatically

BR.
M. Ezzat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

If we run the report RSPO0041, does it wont delete the spools in waiting status?

Answer to this question is to check the variant for the spool reorg job. Check if you have selected in processing option

Also if the system is production better have the buffer range extended to avoid such failure. According to sapnote 1953355 you can set the maximum upper limit to 2 million provided you have recent kernel.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha,

Can you check the value of SPO_NUM range in 000 client .SNRO->SPO_NUM ->Number ranges ->Display interval

Here it might show you 99999 .This could be reason why even though your number range in working client shows as 32000 ,system is allowing for 99000 Spool Requests

For deleting the spools in waiting status as mentioned above please check the variant of the report RSPO1041 and make sure to check In processing spools

Regards.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank You.

It was set to 32000 in 000 as well. I have one doubt here,

Does we get Spool errors when it cross the number in SPO_NUM or we get these error when it reaches to maximum spool which set in parameter rspo/spool_id/max_number?

Since earlier in my system I have 99900 spool requests, I have managed to delete these spools. As of now, I have 46000 spool requests which is more than the value set in SPO_NUM but as of now dumps are not repeating in the system.

what could be the reason for these spool errors

Can you anyone please advise.

Regards,

Satyardha

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

1. Your immediate solution to clear the spools manually older one using the transaction SP01.

2. You have to check in a day how many spool requests are getting created, based on that you have to define the SPO_NUM object.

3. You can refer the SCN Wiki link about this issue

SPOOL_INTERNAL_ERROR - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sairam,

Thanks for your reply.

And I could see the spool request with waiting status are showing Frontend unavailable. What would be the reason for that?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Satyardha

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha.

1.  You can check the over all spools in transaction SPAD. Kindly refer the snapshot.

2. For deleting the Spool request in transaction SP01 - Select the created name " * " & created date range

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sairam,

But in SPAD, I could see 99000+ requests. But in SPO_NUM, max limit is 32000 in our system. How it is possible to allow these many requests? Please suggest me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even our spool number is set to a limit in SPO_NUM, does it allow more spool requests in the system?

In my case SPO_NUM is set to 32000 but when I look in SPAD for total requests, I could see 99000+. It mean it can allow the more number of spools other than the limit but it results spool overflow errors right?

Please advise and please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank You.

Regards,

Satyardha

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyardha.

SPO_NUM is number range buffer for Spool requests. If the number range getting full, you use to get the dumps and error message as mention in the SAP Note 48284.

Number of spool request upper range is set default value set in the profile parameters  rspo/spool_id/max_number you can check the parameter value in RZ11.

because of this your spool request are shows 99000.

Refer the SCN thrad -

Regards

SS