cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend notification item - workmanager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

i am trying to extend the notification item in workmanager.

to do that i tried override setItemParameters by extending NotificationPostBAPI  as you see below,

As you know that one notification can have more that one item and NotificationPostBAPI   post those into IT_NOTIF_ITEM.

is it possible to extend this bapi as you see below or do i have to extend notification, notifitem also.

I thought that to be able get the "i"  in the setitemparameter method woud be enough but how can i get that ?

Anyone has experience with extending the items of notification can help me?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adem,

In NotificationPostBAPI class you can see there is a method called setParameters() which initiate the loop for setting NotifItemParameter(). I would suggest please override setParameters() and call NotifItemParameter(). It will give you the value of "i".

Hope this helps you.

Ajitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer, it helps me a lot

In the itemedit i extend the setItemParameters of NotificationPostBAPI   like below but it doesnt populate the value of bapi.

Do you think that it is enough to extend this line of code or i have to extend  NotificationItemEditBAPI class.

else if (_bapiType.equals("UPDATE")) {

setEditValue(itemTab, xTab, log,  "ZXX", "12345");

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you updated the Config panel's SAPObject line for the Notification to point to the new class?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

No i did not. I though that i dont need to update the notification object because when i tried to create bapi the below code is worked;

but in the update notification item side it doesnt worked;

Former Member
0 Kudos

still working with this problem,

any help will be appracated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I extend the NotificationPostUpdateBAPI to call the extended NotificationPostBAPI and it worked.

Thanks

Answers (0)