cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which is recommendable by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while the listing Activity is performed, it mainly updates the database tables WLK1 and MARC.

But there are cases where we find WLK1 is having an entry where as MARC will not have an Entry.

For analysis part both WSPK and RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1 provides the root cause behind why the Article is not updated in MARC while it updates WLK1.

As am new to this can anyone explain me on which scenario one needs to go for the WSPK transaction and on which scenario one needs to go for the comparison program.

I am also having a doubt that when there is a problem with Article segments missing and because of which MARC is not getting updated why does WLK1 is getting updated when there is some error in the Article.

Please explain me about WSPK, RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1 and which one is recommeneded by SAP. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andras_strobl
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

Your missing article segments may caused also by locks, that exist during article segment creation. Please carry out the WSM3 run (or the process affected) as possible during non-working hours (e.g: at night) and ensure that the articles you intend to list are not locked by another person (or even by the same person in a second mode, e.g. via MM42). Please keep in mind that the corresponding articles will be locked at client level during article segment creation, and for this reason we do not recommend to work on the affected articles during the segment creation (e.g: changing the article data via MM42).

If there is a log in WSPL (so you are able to create the missing segment by using WSPK), this is the recommended way to proceed.

However, unfortunately it is a bit tricky to make a statement why the MARC creation process was not carried out successful if the corresponding log-files (WSPL) do no longer exist. (Please check first this always, the reason is usually clearly stated, there may be further reason also, which I could not check at the moment.)

The locking mentioned above is not an error, but desired behavior, so if a locking takes place while listing the specific article, the MARC entry creation will be prevented, and can be only corrected with report RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1 or RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1_ENHANCED. (Latter one is recommended, it is even much faster.) Re-listing does not help in such cases, since the segment creation is not triggered, if a WLK1 entry already exists.

Best regards,

Andras

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andras_strobl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaswanth,

Actually both WSPK/RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1/RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1_ENHANCED have the same purpose: creating missing segments.

What is the difference though?

The WSPK is the standard transaction to perform this. However, user is able to create the missing segments with WSPK only, if in the log (WSPL) there are still these entries - and the indicated root cause in log has been corrected meanwhile, of course.

For all the other cases, the other mentioned reports are provided.

(Let's see an example, where WSPK will not help:
An article has been listed somewhere in the past, maybe also not being listed currently, but you want to list it from tomorrow again. Performing the WSM3 will update the WLK1 table as expected, however you observe, that somehow the MARC segment is missing... As I have mentioned in my first post, the MARC segment is only created at the first time listing of the article. So, in this example the segment creation will be not triggered, and there is also no check, whether the specific segment exist. WSPK will also not complete this, namely the process even did not try to create the segment, therefore we cannot have log entry, it is clear, I think.
So, in this case you will have the only chance to create the missing segment with one of the RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1/RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1_ENHANCED reports. These reports have so far the same functionally (there are just minor differences), but the latter one is the newer version, works even faster, so it is highly recommended to use this one.

So, this above explanation is answering hopefully both your questions.

Just reflecting again for the question 1):

If there is a log in WSPL, it is providing the cause for the failing segment creation. If there is no log there, we cannot make any statement (in case of listings in the past, usually).

I cannot provide a full list of possible reasons here, in general there might be some missing/incorrect master data setting, or locking issues, as I have mentioned this before.

Best regards,

Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

Thanks for your time and Valuable Information.

Actually when i performed listing using WSM3 transaction around 100 Articles, i could able to list 99 Articles. That is the actual entries in WLK1 is 100 and where as MARC entries were 99.

While performing the Activity the Articles were not locked by any user and still there was no entry in MARC. Yes, as you said when there is a lock entry for an article its does not Update the entry in MARC.

But here the case is something else and the entry was not getting updated in MARC. By the explanation provided by you both WSPK and Comparision program can take care of missing entries and they will update the entry in MARC.

Can you please elaborately explain what exactly WSPK does and the comparision program does with an example if possible as am facing the issue for a quite long time.

Need your Assistance on the below points.

1. what all might be the possible reasons for MARC not getting updated.

2. if at all the Entry is not updated, then on what basis and what criteria one needs to use WSPK/RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1/RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1_ENHANCED.

Please explain as i am unable to find a proper solution to make sure entries are populating in MARC with either of the above said approaches.