Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOUT AVAILABLE CHECK

former_member231238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, my friends.

In order to  disable the available check functionality in some scenarios, I set up the schedule line category as follow:

in schedule line category:  CP,   I disabled availability check functionality .[please look at the pic 

then I create some order to test if this customizing works

1,  when I create a OR,  system does not  take availability check...it sounds reasonable.

2, but when I create  a CS(  CASH SALE),  I cannot believe the system takes availability check unexpectedly , since the schedule line category is  CP, is the same as it was in OR.

My question is : why the same schedule line category acts totally different in OR and CS.. is there any other factor need to be consider?

thanks,

Michael.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member231238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear DB49,

hare are the pics I just captured.

After deactivating the Availability check in Schedule line category: CP

I created a normal order with order type:  OR, .

then in whatever header level or item level,  when I press the 'availability check' button, nothing happens.

I create another order with order type CS(CASH SALE).and the "availability check" button works in both header and item level.

I am new in ERP,  my questions sometimes may be  stupid...if it is please forgive me..

Best regards.

Michael.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The idea behind the cash sales is to simplify and speed up the processing from sales order creation to issuing an invoice to the end customer. One of the most often given examples is sales in a shop - you do not need to deal with warehouse processing or transportation of products, you may wish to skip credit checks as well - the products are ready to be taken out by the customer after payment execution.

This is why, unlike standard sales processing, at cash sales order save, a delivery is created in the background if the quantity can be confirmed for the same date. In this case we do not need ATP A check, we actually have to perform ATP B (if you press the button scope of check from the second screen you will see that this is what actually gets checked). You can also read sap note 1729299 - Checking Rule B is used in Sales order.

When we have immediate delivery creation (VOV8 setting) we always perform ATP B check. In a standard system for OR order we perform ATP A. When we have ATP A, it makes sense that the removal of ATP from the schedule line would work, but as deliveries are a result of confirmed schedule lines, this setting would not affect ATP checks in cash sales order.

There is a separate setting for ATP check on delivery item category level - in standard system it is BVN item category, where it is possible to switch it off, however I would not recommend turing off ATP check for cash sales on delivery item category level, because if you do not actually have the stock available in the system at the point of goods issue, you would not be able to post the movement and perform final billing (there is a check that GI quantity is the same as the ordered  quantity in the copy control).

There is a sap note where this is explained: 1852433 - How to switch off ATP check in case of immediate delivery is activated for the sales order type in transaction VOV8?

former_member231238
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

Thank you very much, this is the exactly  answer I've been looking for.

Best regards

Michael.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member231238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Krishna,

I am testing this functionality in my study system.

I am using the same material : T-AT101,   same sold-to party: T-L56A01

then I disable the availability check in schedule line category CP.

when I create OR, I can not run availability check, it make sense.

when I create a CS(CASH ORDER), I can still run availability. it does not make any sense since the schedule line category is CP too.and I have disabled the availability check function totally.

Best regards.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

"CS" is not an SAP-delivered sales document type in 'standard' ERP Central Component.  "OR", on the other hand, is delivered as 'standard', and OR appears to be behaving normally.  I will assume that your system does not include any Industry Solutions, or other Addins.

Deactivating Availability at the Schedule Line Category level will normally override settings at the Requirements Type level in 'standard'.

You have not submitted any evidence that indicates that one order type is actually performing an availability check, but the other is not; I will assume that you have been diligent in reaching your conclusion.

From the evidence you have submitted so far, I would therefore suspect that there are enhancement(s) in your system affecting the behavior of the CS Sales document type.  Have your ABAPers review.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check below mentioned way

what is the item category in Both OR & CS sales document is it same or different?

if its different are you using the same material in both the documents?

check what is the MRP type assigned in the material master which you are using in CS document

is there any requirement type identified in Procurement tab for CS and OR documents ?

now check the Requirement class for the combination of Item category + MRP type in "OVZI"

also check what is the requirement class assigned for the above requirement type in "OVZH"

now check in the above requirement class whether availability check option selected or not in "OVZG"

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

We have the following parameter to carry out availability check in sales order.

1- Plant has to be assigned to item level.

2- Requirement type should be assigned to requirement class.

3- Requirement class should be switched on for availability check.

4- Checking group should be assigned in material master.

5- Schedule line category should be switched on availability check.

Please check the above settings and do let me know.

Please focus specifically on Requirement type and class settings.

Regards

Neeraj

former_member231238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, dear Neeraj,

I checked  MRP TYPE in material master of T-AT101, which is PD,

along with the item category TAN, I can determine the requirement type is 41.

so as to the requirement class is 41.  the availability switch is on.

I checked CHECKING GROUP in material master of T-AT101, whick is 01,

the schedule line category is CP, I disabled the available check in CP for test.

the problem is : I create two kinds of orders with   same customer, same material, same item category, and  same schedule line category.

when I create a OR,  I can not take availability check in the order processing.

but when I create a CS, I can still take availability check

It is unreasonable...

Thanks.

Michael.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what is the reason behind to use two different sales documents with same item category and schedule line category?

what is the differentiation between OR and CS documents?

Is item category determined automatically or changing manually while creation of  sales order?

Thanks,

Krishna.

former_member231238
Participant
0 Kudos

here I made a mistake,

the requirement type is actually KSL instead of 41

I am not sure how system determine this requirement type , it is not of the  "item category+MPR type=requirement type"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

With respect to KSL, I suspect you have a Planning Strategy entered in your Material Master.  Strategies 10 and 11 will default sales docs to KSL requirements type, which normally maps to 030 requirements class.

I am not concerned with this.  Even though 030 normally has ATP checking by default, your new CP (Schedule line category) should override the 030 requirements class ATP setting.

My problem is that I do not know how your CS is configured, since it is customized for your system.  I suspect it is configured somewhat like 'BV', which is SAP standard.  If this is the case; and you want the CS sales order to NOT perform an availability check, then I suggest you change your Sales Doc configuration (VOV8) setting for "immediate delivery" to "space", which is "create delivery separately".

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member231238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, dear, DB49,

You are right, I just deactivated the "immediately delivery" in the order type"CS',  this time  the availability check is disabled. but without "Immediately delivery", the CS have no significance to exist.

thank you very much..

Michael.