Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in DBUA wizard - Upgrade Oracle DB (11.2 to 12.1) - ORA-01017

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m doing an Oracle upgrade from 11.2.0.4 to 12.1.0.2 in Windows Server 2012 (R2). I´m following the "Oracle Upgrade Guide" available in SAP Marketplace. At this moment I´m doing the "DBUA phase "4.5 Performing the Database Upgrade", but during the DBUA wizard in screen "Select Database" it show me the following error:

I´m doing this with a non <sid>adm user, I´m using the same user that I used to performing the installation of oracle database 11.2.0.4.

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

This appears after I press "Next" in the screen:

I logged with <sid>adm user and I tried to connect to database (I always start the database instance with the <sid>adm) but now it returns the same error:

I read the SAP note 1576837 - ORA-01017: invalid username/password;

How can I solve this problem if I can´t connect to the database as sysdba? I don´t get it

Can you tell me please, can you help me?

Thanks,
JD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Before suggesting anything,would you please share database connectivity status from the user <sid>adm by starting the database again,best would to provide trans.log from the user <sid>adm.

Regards,

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry for the delay... I already solved this error. The problem was a misunderstood! In oracle database guide in chapter "4.5 Performing the Database Upgrade" one of the prerequisites are

"Make a copy of the directory <old_Oracle_home>\network\admin, for example, under <old_Oracle_home>\network\admin_before_dbua"

... and what I did was... I edited the directory \admin to admin_old! So stupid No problem, this was made in a demo server.

Kind regards,

JDimas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

first you need to fix this sqlplus "/ as sysdba " Error.

If its from SIDADM, and still you can't go through > sqlplus "/ as sysdba "

then the problem can be with env variable,

open cmd as <sid>adm -> set

check env dbs_roa_tnsname, DB Schema name, TNS_ADMIN , and the file tnsnames.ora

It should not mislead you.