Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Poor Performance after LDAP and SPNego Configuration

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have JAVA stack 7.4 for MII 15.0 on HANA DB SPS 9, SAP application is installed on Microsoft Windows 2012. Netweaver stack level is 12. I have configured LDAP and SPNego configuration for SSO with LDAP and which is working perfectly. I have configured the same LDAP server with two more JAVA stack (Portal PRD system and MII PRD system both are in windlows cluster) There is no issues in both the system.

But after I configured LDAP and SPNego to MII QAS system, the system response time is high and giving timeout error. My query are,

1) Does LDAP configuration affect the JAVA system performance ?

2) Does SPNego causing the issue ?

3) Do I need to increase the LDAP connection pool max to 50 or more (No users started to use the system yet)

4) I am using same credentials to fetch the LDAP users from AD for all the servers, will it cause any performance issue?

5) How to check is the issue with LDAP as there is no error logs which are related to LDAP in log viewer ?

6)CPU usage also reaching 90+ percentage when we run any single job using scheduler

Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks a lot.

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Asha_Pillai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

A non responsive LDAP server can cause Java to hang. Please check SAP note 972639

To determine the exact reason you will have to capture thread dumps while the server hangs/is slow and analyze them. To capture thread dumps, use any of the methods from  http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/VYZ3Cw

Regards,

Asha

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Asha,

Thanks a lot. The issue was with MII admin SP, SAP suggested to update it to latest level and the issue is fixed but wondering the same SP didn't cause any issue in DEV and PRD. Thanks a lot for your help, surly your suggestions will help in future.

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep