cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries about ASAP, OOAD, technical specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1. Difference between ASAP and OOAD methodologies? With respect to SAP XI project, which methodology could be applied to get good results? Please explain about each, if we can apply both methodologies to XI projects. In real time which methodology is advised to follow.

2. In real time XI project, what sort of quality check/s can be performed on the developed interfaces? It would be great, if any checklist is provided.. before proceeding from Development to QA box.

3. Please clarify about the Technical specification, Functional specification..

-- Each business requirement have specific Functional specification document.

-- Each Functional specification have specific Technical specification etc..

for example, if we have 2 business requirements.. then 2 Functional specs and 2 Technical specs need to be created?

Can some one please clarify my queries?

Thanks in advance

..Shriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Opps ... Well and i missed out the most important link of all;

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/86bdc490-0201-0010-b9a2-b98373ea...

That link should help you prepare a TS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarsih, Michal

Thank you for your replies.

For question 3, i didn't get clear answer. For each business requirement, respective Functional, Technical spec is need to be created Or we can combine the One technical spec for few functaional specs.. Please clarify.

For question 2, any explanation about quality check/s need to take care of after developing interfaces.

Thanks

Shriya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1. Difference between ASAP and OOAD methodologies

sap delivers only ASAP for XI: http://service.sap.com/asap then ASAP for XI link

>>>>3. Please clarify about the Technical specification, Functional specification

funcitonal - what you need to send - for example orders etc what kind of fileds etc..

technical - what kind of adapter and it's configuration can you use

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>