cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me, what are the issues, we will get wile doing Data Extraction from Planning Area to Backup Info Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me, what are the issues, we will get wile doing Data Extraction from Planning Area to Backup Info Cube

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neehal,

Depending on the volume of data, the extraction process might result in errors in DTP due to the package size. Try reducing the package size and test it with similar production data volume as well.

Regards

AK

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neehal,

Are you facing any specific error while doing the extraction? If there is proper mapping and fields defined, there should not be any error. You can also refer to below document on how this can be achieved -

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok, Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me, what are the issues, we will face while loading the data from Planning area to infocube.

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neehal,

You can take care of following steps -

1. After creation of back cube, add/remove characteristics under correct dimensions. Logical grouping of characteristics under dimensions helps in performance improvement also. Also you can choose if you want to save all char./Key figures or only selected few to be saved in cube.

2. After creation of data source, do ensure to replicate it too - it will then cop and activate the entire structure. You can also do consistency check (Check Data Source) to ensure its fine

3. Once all objects are created you can run each step to ensure data is passing to next step without any issue. For example, running Infopackage to see data is coming to PSA  properly, then running DTP to ensure there is no error and so on. Once all steps are successful, you can see data via LISTCUBE in your cube.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok