Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid to create characteristic

former_member267947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a routing that includes charateristic, so when I create a process order, then an inspection lot will be created too.

For example, I have to two characteristic as you can see on the picture.

My question, is there any user-exists that I can determine, which characteristic with Master Inspection Characteristics should be create? For example above, it should create only characteristic with Master Inspection Characteristics 1000, when condition is true.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anujit,

Your question is not very clear to me. Please can you confirm -

a) You already have multiple MIC's created, but want to assign a specific one form that list to your routing, via some program? If so, what is the specific logic you have thought in your mind? Is there any business rule for this particular assignment?

Feedback: If this is what you are looking for, you may have a simpler enhancement to work on by ABAP team to do MIC assignment form the QPMK list, based on specific business condition.

I am sure, there will be definitely many past threads discussed this issues. You can ask some specific queries, if still this is not resolved.

b) You wish to create a specific MIC directly every time at the time of creating the routing, and then assign the freshly created MIC in the routing - MIC assignment? If so, what will happen with the duplicate records you have introduced in the system?

Feedback: If this is what you want to achieve, you need to be very sure this is what exactly business is looking for, as this kind of work calls for creating an implicit enhancement (to create a new MIC) inside a routing MIC assignment enhancement.

Thanks,

Arijit

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i don't understand your request clearly but maybe have a look at:

BadI: "flexible inspection characteritics" (or something like that)

former_member267947
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sorry for my bad explanation. So I have a routing and and an operation contains Inspection characteristic. As you can see, I have an operation 0010 and it contains Inspection characteristic

And it consists of two:

In the material master, I insert the inspection type 03, that mean, an inspection lot is going to be create, when a process order is created:

And it works:

Now I have a Z customizing table, and this table determine, which characteristic is going to be create. If a condition is true, then it should create only an inspection lot with charateristic 0010.

My question, is there any user exists, that I can say, create an inspection lot with only characteristic 0010 if the condition is true ortherwise create an inspection lot only with characteristic 0020.

Thanks

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

check BadI implementation INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE with CREATE_AT_SAVE or CREATE_BEFORE_UPDATE

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anujit,

OPTION 1: You can investigate the option b) suggested above with ABAP team. You may need to activate the EXIT: QPL10001, to perform the below activity -

a) At inspection lot creation for MIC assignment - pls check the Z_table with your business condition.

b) If your first business condition is true (not sure, what is that condition!!) - while the inspection plan is being read (Exit: QPAP0001 & QPAP0002) to be assigned, remove MIC 0020 and add only 0010 form the routing. Once done, this MIC will be reflected in QAMV.

c) Read the same enhancement once more for the other case too. In case if the business condition is failed, pick the MIC 0020 and assign it during inspection lot creation. Which will again be reflected in QAMV after creation.

This enhancement should support your process.

OPTION 2: The above proposal is a bit complex to achieve. You can try to create two inspection plans for the same material/same usage and do not add MIC to the routing. At 'Release' of production order, call the exit QPAP0001 to read 'inspection plan' instead or ROUTING (As your case is 03 inspection type). Based on condition maintained in the Z table, copy the appropriate MIC form inspection plan to the routing and create the inspection lot. [..Another way I can think off here is to add a DYMMY MIC and then once the right pan is read by the enhancement then override the existing dummy MIC with the correct MIC's form insp plan.]

Benefit of having the enhancement in this way that if next time, you need to activate more than one MIC to be read, then you need not enhance the existing enhancement. You can play with the routing GrP + GrC maintained in your Z-table and more than one MIC can be flicked form Inspection plan to routing.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member267947
Participant
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I set break points in the following userexits

And then I create a process order, but the applicaton does not stop at breakpoint and also an inspection lot is created.

The programm flow does not go though EXIT_SAPLQPAP_001 and EXIT_SAPLQPL1_002?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean, the program is not stopping for EXIT_SAPLQPAP_001, Include ZXQPAU03? Please double check with ABAP team as this is one of the main Exits to be checked...

Also check the Exit: QPAP0001 & QPAP0002 related to inspection plan selection. Then check if the EXITS are stopping there..

former_member267947
Participant
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks for you answer. 

I do not have an inspection plan, just an inspection in the routing, then the programm flow should stop in EXIT_SAPLQPAP_001, if I am not wrong. I do not implement INCLUDE ZXQPAU03 yet, just set break point in the function module EXIT_SAPLQPAP_001. But it should stop the programm flow too.

I discover, the badi INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE with the class CL_EX_INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE and the method CREATE_AT_SAVE, when I set a breakpoint and create a process order, then the programm flow stops in the method CREATE_AT_SAVE.

Thannk

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That seems to be good too. Form the point CREATE_AT_SAVE, I think you can try implementing your new requirement. BTW - have you checked QPAP0001 & QPAP0002?

Well - I believe you got the idea what you need to do in order to achieve your requirement form functional side.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I understand, keep the MICs with referenced or complete copy model but do not assign them into the routing. Release the order and you'll get the inspection lot without MICs. Now manually assign the required MIC and proceed to result recording.

Though I never tested this scenario, it should work.

NJ

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anujit,

In process inspection system will check the valid routing and generate the inspection lot with respect to that and MIC's assigned to the Routing

if you want only one MIC has to pic in the inspection lot means create two group counters by assigning the individual MIC's with one group number(Routing -Task list) with two different validity then assign the group and group counter in the inspection lot QA02 through Task list selection

Regards,

Venkatesh..

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anujit,

Your requirement is not clear, could you brief your requirement.

1) As per my understand you need creation of master inspection characteristic while Create/release process order ... if it is yes it is not possible to  create

How can you assign without creation of characteristics in routing/ Recipe