cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Hierarchy - Week Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

When we create a time hierarchy we get the year, quarter, month and day values. Is there any way to customize such a hierarchy so to get the week value? I would like to do some predictive calculation, by the week since that I have a large result set by the week, but it needs to be within a time hierarchy but the week value is not part of it right now. And using a calculated dimension to get the week number does not do it; Lumira does not accept this for predictive calculations.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claude

I don't think there is any standard provision of getting Week in time hierarchy using Lumira.

But following this blog you can achieve your goal i suppose.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ranajay

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I will have to check, but I am not sure you can do regression/predictive on custom hierarchy.  It must be the built in Time hierarchy.

james

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm give it a try James. You can also fullfill your requirement using SAP Predictive Analytics tool also, if prediction is the main scenario which you are looking into.

Regards

Ranajay

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have BW objects for Year, Quarter, Period, Week already present in the cubes...

If I bring them in as independent dimensions..and build a custom hierarchy, one cannot use predictive tools.  A message come saying to use a Time Hierarchy.

Which is too bad.. because I do not want to include Date in the data set...for 10 years of data.. i only want to week level at the lowest.. 

james

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion Ranajay, but I just tried it and the predictive analysis does not accept such a custom hierarchy. But still usefull of course if we don't need the predictive analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claude

I think in SAP PA Automated Mode that weekly scenario can be handled using Time stamp. May be can help you.

Regards

Ranajay

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Adding to the discussion.

Best regards

Antoine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Claude,

You can do various Date related operations in Data Manager of Predictive Analytics. Here is a screenshot of the function which would let you do this:

What you could possibly do is write an expression on top of this by saying that, if weekday == 1, then do aggregates (That's what you wish to achieve - weekly aggregates).

Another way to do it would be to add the DATEPART SQL Function.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Surya   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that a screen from Lumira? In Lumira I could extract the week, do aggregates by the week but I just could not use the predictive analysis from Lumira since that the week needs to be part of a Lumira time hierarchy, for which I guess, I have not much control.

I tried a customized hierarchy with dates elements, which works in terms of aggregates and flexibility, but could not use Lumira's Predictive Analysis.

It seems like if I want this, I will need to use some other BI tools like Edge or the like.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Claude - This is not from Lumira. This is the screen of the Data Manager component of SAP Predictive Analytics. When you launch PA, On your left hand side, you would see Data Manager. Once you connect your Data manager to your data (On a DB), you can then click on create a Data Manipulation and then create an Expression.

Here is the flow:

Launch predictive analytics -> Click on Data Manager -> Connect to DB -> Click on Create Data Manipulation -> Clock on Expression Editor -> Click on Date Operations.

Regards,

Surya