cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Screening issues in GTS 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into some odd behavior when I try and do general address screening for SPL checks.  I am taking names directly from the SPL list that I loaded yet when I screen them most are not getting blocked even though I am entering the exact name/country that is on the SPL list.

All the configuration is complete.

I have attached a document with some screen shots that might help.

I have made multiple changes to the detail control for the name.

I could not fit the last two screenshots one was of the SPL entry "EL DULCE" and the second was a shot of the results of the general address check when I entered EL DULCE and MX.  The system did not find a match even though I entered the exact name.

It seems like if I enter the exact address of the entry from one of the denied party lists the system won't find it. It sometimes will match on other strings etc. I was able to get a hit for El CHAYO which is on the list, but when I took one of the other entries in the detail list and ran that address it doesn't find a match.

Update: I'm still finding the behavior odd. I would have expected that every entry that is on an SPL list in the system would get blocked if I screened the exact name in the general address screening but that is not the case.

Also I'm wondering how this search is actually carried out since normally the SPL and BP's would be indexed before screening but since the general address check is more or less an ad hoc check there isn't an index for the address I type in or is one generated in the background?

If the system can't find an entry that is on the SPL list that I have entered exactly the same way I am very concerned on what is happening in the background when it checks BP's?

NEW:

I have entered a ticket with SAP about this and they have sent this to the developers because they couldn't understand the behavior either.

So a question for GTS users. Have any of you tried taking entries from your current SPL list in GTS and then using that name/address to run a general address screening? If so are do you get blocks for 100% of the entries that you try?  I would expect that I should but I am not and I am entering the exact name/address as resides in the SPL list.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I still am having a bit of trouble understanding how the SPL general address check does not get a hit 100% of the time if I screen the exact same name that is on one of the SPL lists in GTS.

It shouldn't matter about percentages or number of terms etc., since every character and term is exactly the same as the SPL entry.

I have been changing everything and she changes get me a better hit rate for exact matches but never 100% and to me these should all get a hit every time.

Sometimes even though I have screened the exact same name it gets a hit on a different SPl entry not the exact one though.

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

I reread your original post and the responses you posted today.

I am curious to know if you are entering same name or same name + address.

I can see country with AND which means that either City or Street should also match along with Name and Country.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right now I am entering the name only although I have entered the name and full address and country only to get the same results.

Currently in config I changed it to only name and I'm not checking any other attributes and still I do not get a hit when I enter the exact same name.

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Since you are using the general address check transaction for which a few inconsistencies were reported because of a missing customization, do you want to check these notes 1487474 and 1605176 and assess if it helps?

Please make sure the indexes are dropped and re-created for the SPL and BP. Also, if you are using TREX transfer the terms to TREX post index re-creation.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrini,

Thanks I will take a look at the notes. I have be resetting the buffer and recreating search terms etc. I had done this for BP's too but I don't see the relevance for that when using the general address check since I am just using an address from the SPL list not a BP.

I am working on the assumption that I should be able to get a hit for every single entry in the SPL list through the general address check. If I can't do that then I can't be sure I would get a hit for a BP if they ever got put on the list.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at the notes and added the number range to the control settings for SPL screening and that seems to have fixed the problem.

I rechecked all of the ones I had been checking and all are now blocking as they should.

I'm going to check several more but this has been a huge improvement.

Thanks Shrini.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made multiple changes to config for comparison procedure (adding country, removing the check on country) changing operators etc.

What I find is that when I make a change one way or the other I don't get the blocks for some addresses vs others.

If I include the country check in general I don't seem to get hits on names such as Alex Norry but I do get blocks for names which are more for organizations like Northern Refineries Company and if I remove the country check I get blocks for names nut not companies.

The problem is I can't seem to make progress on getting all of them I get one or the other but not both.

I would like to just use the name as the screening object but I can't seem to find a configuration combo that would get a hit for every entry in the SPL list.

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

I tried few on GTS 11 and it works perfectly for me. I am using the same address as in SPL list and it gives me a hit every time. I tried 10 odd cases and got hit in all of them.

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kul,

Sorry I missed this response. The results you are seeing is what I expected to see also but don't. The response from SAP didn't really make sense to me as they were talking about % matches etc.

I fail to see how % would have anything to do with this as I am using the exact same information that is in the SPL list in GTS to screen against so this would always be a 100% for all characters/strings and it should meet all of the criteria always.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried changing the minimum length of search term in the list type from 3 to 2 for a couple of list types. when I rescreened some of the addresses I did get more hits but no where near 100%.

Right now they are all set to the default of 3