Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Printing as Scheduled job

ajit3204
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to print the PDF as scheduled job through SAP MII.

As i saw the Action block ADS Printing has been added in MII 15.0, To use this action block i need to use Adobe Form Designer to design the form layout.

I tried to download the Adobe Form Designer but i dint found it, Could you please help me to download the Adobe Form Designer.

I also want to know, is there any other way to print a PDF as scheduled job in SAP MII?

Please provide me some solution.

thanks & Regards,

Ajit Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Ajit,

ADS uses XDP files to build PDFs.  You may use Adobe LiveCycle Designer, found on the SAP Software Download Center website.  [Software Downloads | SAP Support Portal] You need to have download access to get the designer.  You can pass XML data to the action block Links to use as a data source (if you use Sample XML data as a connection type in LiveCycle), or you can define other connections within the form.  The action block uses the local print server set up on the same server as MII to print the documents.  You need to specify the printer and the print format or XDC file used for printing to a particular device.  Available XDC files may be found on the server under the \usr\sap\M15\SYS\global\AdobeDocumentServices\lib\ directory.

- Eric

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

In our environment we are converting the SAP Spool requests to PDF using ZAN image printer in windows create the Spool device in SAP system using SAP S method. on the host spool conver the spool to PDF. refer the link Zan Image Printer - a Windows print to image (TIFF,JPEG,BMP,GIF,PNG,PDF,JPEG 2000) Virtual Printer D...

Regards

SS