cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system is not coming up after Kernal patch upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently i updated kernal patch in the version 700 patch 347 to version 700 patch 353, after that sap is not starting, when i execute disp+work command

showing disp+work command not found. it is also showing same for dpmon, r3trans some other commands.

Can any one please help on this

Thanks,

Narendar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendar,

Make sure you are unpacking all the files of the new kernel release.

Rename SAPCAR.exe to SAPCAR1.exe and execute:

SAPCAR1.exe -xvf SAPEXE.SAR

SAPCAR1.exe -xvf SAPEXEDB.SAR

What is the procedure you are following to update the kernel?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Martina

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check this discussion:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3840017

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina,

I extracted both kernel files and copied to usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run location, but my question is why it is not showing disp+work command.

Thanks,

Narenda

Martina_Gállego
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narenda,

The disp+work executable is contained in SAPEXE.SAR, so I think you are not extracting correctly the kernel.

Best regards,

Martina

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Please check the environmental variables for <SIDADM> and also make sure soft links are pointing to correct directory

Can you cross check the new kernel  contents is reflecting in /sapmnt/SID/exe path also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Did you use SIDADM for extracting SAR files?

You mentioned "disp+work command not found. it is also showing same for dpmon, r3trans some other commands" you need to login as SIDADM user.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for your inputs, this issue has been resolved. in my system we have two locations for kernal

/sapmnt/DE2/exe  and /usr/sap/DE2/SYS/exe , i have copied new kernal files only in /usr/sap/DE2/SYS/exe but not in /sapmnt/DE2/exe. after copying kernal files to /sapmnt/DE2/exe issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Narendar

Answers (0)