cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial upload of Materials with accounting view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using MDG Hub deployement with MDG7.0 SP07.

I am trying to upload Material Master Data from target ECC system into source MDG Hub system using ALE and DIF.

I am able to create XML file for generated IDOCs from target system and placed them on application server with message type MATMAS05.

Then with the help of DTIMPORT also able to upload data in XML file in staging area.

But it seems that if we uploaded material data without accounting view then through DIFit is successful. But if we try to upload with accounting view then application log gives error saying that valuation class is required field but it is already in IDOC segment and same goes in XML file also.

We are able to create single material with accounting view in MDG Hub but not able to do initial upload of material with accounting view.

Any reason for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

to add

If we created XML files from IDOC which is generated in BD10 in target system and it is already uploaded in surce directory system. But it seems that source system in DTIMPORT it gets the correct message type like MATRMAS05 we are getting XML file with all segment , but while mapping into MDG UI it skips accounting view fields
but it is taking another views values correctly.

Do you know any class or BADI where this IDOC segment fields mapping to MDG UI fields are done?

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, never heard of MBEW's valuation class getting lost during IDoc inbound. Strange...

Are you creating a Change Request, or are you loading directly into active area?

Does the same error appear when you send the material 7022128 directly via ALE from the client to the hub?

Do you use value mapping for the valuation class?

Regards, Ingo Bruß

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Thanks for reply.

I am not using any value mapping and creating change request means loading in staging area first.

It seems that the material is created correctly with accounting view through ALE transfer.

In ALE-IDOC value comes for segment E1MBEWM (Accounting view) and it is converted into XML file also.

But during DTIMPORT it seems that valuation area area is not edited (Enity for accounting).

I know we need to select push button add during single processing for material creation.

Does this funcationality affects during import process or do we need to any other customization or any code develoment?

Do you provide me Class or method using in DTIMPORT please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Any other suggestion?

I found below one SAP note which is applicable to MDG 8.0 and not MDG7.0 SP07

2262335 - When valuation type is empty then no data is returned by
the Material Genil Adaptor for V...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

I tried also in another system for MDG 7.0 SP04. Here also I am able to create CR for staging area with MAT0B but it also created without accounting view. Idoc-XML file contains segment MBEW

After opening CR there is one warning message

Change Request locked by user &1, limited date maintenance only! from message class USMD_CRUI with number 001.

Also I observed that in UIBB for Valuation Area Plant there is no data available - create/assign plant assignment

Can you suggest regarding this?

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

No idea, sorry. OSS ticket?