cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA - DATA SERVICES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install SAP Data Services 4.2 on my laptop (MS Windows 8.1 Enterprise)

-> I get the OPTIONAL error message "SAP Information platform services"                      - Failed (see attached)

-> I get the CRITICAL information message "SAP Information platform services version" - Succeeded

These appear to be 2 contradictory messages!

-> Do I have IPS installed on my machine?

I try to install "Information Platform services 4.1 SP4

-> I get CRITICAL error message "Windows version" - Failed (see attached)

I was trying to install IPS because it is required for Data Services

Can I ignore the OPTIONAL IPS error and proceed with DS 4.2 installation?

What will impact be of doing so?

Can I do this scenario on my laptop?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The Windows version of the Data Services installer provides both the client and server components - so in your case, your OS is valid for the Data Services client, but not the server components.  This might explain your conflicting error messages.

Windows 8.1 is not supported for the server components.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

That makes sense.

I tried to install the "SAP Data Services client tools 4.2 SP05 Windows (64B)" and ignore the IPS warning.

I then get asked for a product key. I would have thought this would be provided automatically.

How do I get this product key?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Data Services is a licensed product, customers generate their own licenses here - Keys | SAP Support Portal.  However, temporary licenses are available - there is a link to a Temporary License Key for Analytics on the right hand side of the page -https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/keys-systems-installations/keys/b...

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos