cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not import the Sample Bar project

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

I have been following excellent posts on how to use the Web IDE in an many other of the great posts.

I have also with success been trough the the example on Creating a Population Pyramid extension in the Visualization Extension Plugin for SAP Web IDE Guide.

So I thought my next step would be to learn Visualization Extension Customizations, by doing the Tutorial: Defining custom properties for the Sample Bar extension.

But I get stucked in then first step of Importing the Sample Bar project. Here the guide mentions some files from the Git repository, that is not there.

Now I have tried just to import the sap.viz.ext.samplebar.zip, but I can not get any visualization from it.

I have also tried to make a new Visualization Extension from scratch in the Web IDE, and the import the sap.viz.ext.samplebar.zip, but I can not get that to work either.

I feel a bit frustrated, since the tutorial on Creating a Population Pyramid extension in the documentation is rather straight forward, so it seems that the part on doing custom properties is rather outdated.

I was just wondering: Has anybody tried to import the Sample Bar extension in the Web IDE and got it to work, and has any of you seen a better tutorial on how to create your own properties?

Happy New Year all

/Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, I did some further digging, and it all comes down to how Git works

It seems that the files there is refereed to in the SAP HANA Cloud Documentation, is not longer present (or shown) in the Master branch (the latest version)

If you go into the history and select e.g. the first check-in, the files is there

So by getting these "missing" files, I was able to get the samplebar example up and running in Web IDE, just as described in the online documentation.

A small disclaimer though. Here I choose the first commit of the files, they can very well have been overwritten with newer versions, so it is not sure that this approach always will work, since the files needed in the project could get out of sync, so to speak.

Happy New Year to all

Answers (0)